Did you tell your friends and family you had surgery?

LeonaCR
on 7/29/21 6:25 am

Thank you so much for responding and for your insights!

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/21 5:31 pm
RNY on 05/17/21

I told people pre op and post op. WLS is NOT the easy way out. I'm proud that I did it and if someone thinks it's the easy way out they are ignorant. Thankfully I've had a ton of support from family and friends. The only one who didn't want me to have it was my dad but he was just worried. Be proud you did it ;) It's not an easy journey mentally or physically.

LeonaCR
on 7/29/21 6:27 am

You are right! Not the easy way out at all. I am glad that I did it after much apprehension before surgery. Glad you had great support!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/21 5:27 am, edited 8/11/21 10:38 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I told no one except my long term business partner who visited me daily in the hospital, snuck me treats and books and drove m home .

Which ended up a little weird years later after I was asked to teach a class about successful post op eating vitamins and exercise by my surgeons team.

Im super happy 2 help but my experience is that 95% of the people that get WLS are ridiculously unprepared and unwilling to learn, regrettably.

Most have never heard of this website have no clue what to eat post op or about essential vitamin intake . It?s very sad... and even sadder watching friends ? health decline ( or regain ) when it?s so AVOIDABLE !

My fantastic surgeon Dr Parikh at NYU Langone and Bellevue Hospital NYC ( before Covid obviously) used to throw a party every year with bariatric- friendly catered food , families invited and ex patients rocking a fashion runway and showing their new bodies off !

Every year was a great surprise... some people regained and needed a revision - some got amazing plastic surgery and looked so hott and much younger .... and a lot never showed up and of course we worried about them . But it?s nice 2 have a community !

Most Active