New Here, I'm a little confused

sweetpotato1959
on 7/21/21 8:59 am

White Dove, Removing the ovaries, could be an option,for some people, possibly even most that have already had complete families.I had already had 2 TIA's(ministrokes) with that GYN said i was to never take hormonal replacement therapies-risk too great. Yes Removing the ovaries produces a big set of problems

I had many large fibroids at both surgeries.several the size of a grapefruit..w/hysterectomy there were TMTC,( too many to count.) Uterus was the size of a 6 month fetus..

There are now new treatments that SAVE the uterus for Fibroids.. Bitter Melon is a fruit, i get it in a capsule.and it controls my blood sugar both spikes and lows.ALSO "The Southern Herbalist", Darryl Patton has a video on u tube., using huckelberry tea for both blood sugar and blood pressure control- it is a modulator.BY Modulator meaning is it lowers the highs and raises the low.blueberry is a close cousin and the leaves and small branches of it will do the same thing..

What is important for every obese person to understand there is HELP..The assistance given to me, may not be the same as for another person,yet both be right for each one.

.Fae has several things going on, she posted.. and she truly needs medical advise and intervention. Its really hard to cut calories when protein is limited by diet for MSUD. WLS could give her the answer she seeks.

Denise
sweetpotato1959
on 7/21/21 10:16 am

Fae,

My heart goes out to you with the medical conditions you list. some i know first hand. and others have observed others struggle.I also get not knowing your weight,I have family members *****quire a special scale. Metabolic and inflammatory issues tend to be present in the same people. Please seek help to address yours..There is help available. Take care of yourself.

It has not been long since children w/MSUD just died...that is why the PKU test was developed.

You said "I'm not consuming more than i should" that is by regular standards.that will not change without assistance to surgically change your metabolism. I was living for weeks at a time on canned tuna, chicken and string beans. and gaining weight.. WLS changes metabolism.in addition to volume. It may be the only answer for your obesity and give you a control you have not had before.It won't give you what is missing n your hereditary issue.

Weight Loss surgeries have been refined since i had mine, and there are now many options available to a surgeon. You will need one who looks at you as an individual- Bariatric physicians are generally very good at that. Each surgery is different and restrictions can come with some procedures,which may not be appropriate for YOU. For instance, you may require certain medications for arthritis- (most can not be taken post op some of the surgeries)..which give higher risk of gastric bleeds. There are work arounds for this.I have rheuma and osteo, bursa,in the "itis" family. no longer use any NSAIDS- i have found natural's to replace for pain and joint stiffness.

Denise
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1450 views