Is weight loss surgery the best thing you done for yourself

Hockeymom87
on 7/18/21 6:43 pm
DS on 03/17/19

I think weight loss surgery was the best thing you done for myself, i did have surgery i would probably not be here now weight loss surgery save my life and use to weigh 650 lbs i need a lot of saving

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/21 4:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes! It's not without its challenges but being obese has its challenges as well.

Choose your hard - I would choose this one again, no hesitation.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

sweetpotato1959
on 7/19/21 11:54 pm

A a direct result of surgery, when the time came for me to step up and take care of my hubs and both my parents at the same time.. i was able to ..with minimal assistance.i could not have done that with a weight that would have been well north of 350 by then..( weight gains of 20 lb a year snowball in short order..).

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/21 2:11 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

YES!! best thing EVER

Janet P.
on 7/28/21 4:25 am

Combination of WLS and therapy. I was already in therapy (for a very specific reason) when I decided to have WLS (I had the DS). Now my mind and body are in sync and life is good.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Tidgel
on 8/12/21 5:43 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Health wise, a very definite YES for me!

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/21 4:58 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

WLS not only dialed my aging back twenty years ..... it totally changed my body .

I always had ( 10 yrs and younger ) young boyfriends ( except when I was very small ... can w say I mated widely? That's a horrible word but what U get what I mean . I didn't sell myself - I just loved to screw .... someone worthwhile lol.

My first few boyfriends were basically teachers .

so why is a REALLY CUTE waist length ponytailed guy on a Harley gonna pet me , fix my home and just try to cuddle?

Well his reason is I have the softest skin......he just likes 2 massage m pet my neck etc . I KNOW we're the same age . ??????

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/21 5:04 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Let m correct that .... he's 17 years younger than m .

I'm not even going there but is there any possibility we accidentally discovered something?

fiveash
on 8/23/21 9:30 am

Without a doubt, WLS was a life-saver for me. I stopped having to use my CPAP machine. My blood pressure is now controlled. My asthma hasn't been an issue in several years. I'm finally able to buy "normal" clothes. Granted it is still plus-size but I love being able to choose!

It isn't easy but it is more than worth it.

A 50-pound loss means that your heart won't have to work nearly as hard to transport blood to all your tissues. If you're 25 pounds overweight, you have 5,000 miles of extra blood vessels in your body, mostly small capillaries, to feed the excess tissue, according to Western Washington University. So losing 50 pounds will divest your body of 10,000 miles of extra blood vessels. Because your heart has to pump forcefully enough to get blood to all those blood vessels, losing 50 pounds will reduce blood pressure, as your heart doesn't have to pump as hard. Not pumping so hard also takes the strain off the left ventricle of your heart, which often enlarges when you're overweight.

Anything to help my heart !

JerseyJim
on 9/3/21 1:45 pm - Sayre, PA

The absolute best.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Most Active