Successful weight loss maintenance after 17 years

KimM
on 7/19/21 7:28 pm - Imperial, NE

It has been a long time since I last posted anything. It has been 17 years since my lap-band surgery and I have keep 90 pounds off. At my prime I had lost 110 pounds so being able to keep 90 pounds off for this long would seemed impossible when I first had my surgery. I have had my share of health issues that affected my weight loss as well as other struggles that I'm sure we all go through. I want to encourage you to not give up on your weight loss and maintenance. Set backs happen to all of us, but for the sake of your health, you can't afford to give up. I know that I am blessed for continuing to fight through all of my health problems and life stresses. I hope my story will help you continue in your fight as well.

sweetpotato1959
on 7/19/21 11:50 pm

25 years for me in october. .292.5 to begin. current 168- 172 depending on the day.. health issues yeah buddy i have some.. nothing near what rest of family who did not have surgery have.. i take no routine meds.

have gastritis with at least every 2 months. take a 5 day round of prevacid, eat only rice and ice water for a couple of days and go back to my routine.I take various herbals for blood sugar control( prediabetic over 40 years.) Have Pcos., thyroid runs a little low and anemia is a constant- tae natural dessicated liver product. mvi with 200% copper,magnsium, sea kelp, k2, d3, , zinc.calcium, eat a 80-110 gram protein diet and mycarb goal is 30-50 grams/da. have lyme.-longtanding chronic. active with my animals, garden and yard..

Yes it can be done..even with health issues..

Denise
Tidgel
on 7/23/21 7:35 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Congratulations on 25 years!

KimM
on 7/20/21 5:56 am - Imperial, NE

Wow, I am so impressed. Good for you. You had to be at the forefront of weight loss surgery. What an inspiration to know that weight loss and, most importantly, maintenance is possible no matter what health issues you suffer from. You have been fighting the good fight my friend. I'm sure your health is much better than it would have been without the weight loss and maintenance. I hope a lot of people read your post. I think it would be just the encouragement someone needs to hear.

Summerjoe
on 7/20/21 6:16 am

Thank you for your inspirational post!

TierraMoone
on 7/22/21 6:28 am

Congratulations on 17 years and keeping 90 pounds off!

Tidgel
on 7/23/21 7:35 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Congratulations on 17 years!

Most Active