Why I'm having hard time looking at pictures of me before my weight loss surgery

Hockeymom87
on 9/5/21 5:26 pm
DS on 03/17/19

Why im having hard time looking at pictures of me before my weight loss surgery, i use 650 lbs

White Dove
on 9/6/21 5:11 am - Warren, OH

I was pretty good at hiding my body behind others in group pictures. If I found a picture that I had a hard time looking at because of my former weight, I put that picture in the shredder.

I told myself I never have to be that size again and I never have to remind myself that I was that size. As Marie Kondo preaches, "Only keep things that spark joy".

Pictures of yourself that you don't love to look at are useless clutter and need to be disposed of.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

JerseyJim
on 9/7/21 6:37 am - Sayre, PA

I can't stand to look a pre-surgery photos either.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/21 7:04 am, edited 9/7/21 4:32 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I may have something of a ?cure? or maybe something confidence boosting 4 U .

I also never let peeple take pics of m ?fat ? self for so long before lifesaving WLS .

And I?m still hugely far from perfect ....though I?m extremely grateful every single day for how my life has changed and how far I?ve come :)

for me a big life changer was believe or not a seven dollar drugstore body soap .

It?s slightly acidic properties allowed me to continue to have taut skin throughout my ( massive) weight loss .

Granted I?m not that old ....but whatever. I lost a lot of weight and I?m grateful not 2 have much loose skin.

My entire point about this is everyone who touches me says my skin feels like silk . Like nothing they?ve ever touched before ...

So my tummy?s not a perfect six pac - my boobies after ten years post op ( and two years swinging free thanks to braless Covid quarantine) may b a bit imperfect ..... but no one can argue with how my skin feels cuddling or other .

... the product is Neutrogena grapefruit anti -acne 2% salicylic acid body wash .

In the short term it feels very refreshing.... long term I really think it helps spring the skin back and makes you truly silky , cellulite free and pore less .

I use it on my face every day and grrlz always ask m what creams I use to keep the skin so nice .

Truth is I use nothing but this seven dollar product and sunscreen . ( and peeple get INSULTED when I tell them th truth .... like I?m using some million dollar cream n lying lol )

I do not own stock in this company ( though I should probably buy some lol)

White Dove
on 9/7/21 8:14 am - Warren, OH

I have used nothing but Dove Beauty bar for the past 40 years. No moisturizers or creams. My skins is smooth and I have no wrinkles on my face.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TierraMoone
on 9/9/21 5:45 am

I so very much understand. I ducked out of pictures more often than not and to this day, I still don't like to be in pictures.

Kathleen W.
on 9/18/21 6:09 pm - Lancaster, PA

I still have my photo id from Motor Vehicles at my heaviest. I keep it with me to remind myself of what I don't want to go back to. Also, people didn't know me at that weight don't believe when I show them. It also reminds me of what I don't want to look like that again.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active