Mostly hungry only at night?

JackieLove
on 9/9/21 6:01 am

For most of my adult life I seriously don't eat much at all during the day but when it comes to night time, thats when I go overboard and eat my bigger meals when most people are getting ready for bed. I don't have the desire to eat breakfast or lunch most days but I do snack here and there at times in the afternoon. I know it isn't good for me to eat so much so late but not sure what the answer is for me? Anyone else have this same problem?

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/21 7:03 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Oh yes . Oh absolutely.

For one thing I can't sleep.... I have no answers I'm just desperate 2 sleep seriously.... what happened 2 m ? Why is this like this ? I'm terrified I'm aging so fast and I'm terribly scared .

JackieLove
on 9/10/21 6:26 am

Sleep is an issue here too.

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/21 2:31 pm, edited 9/9/21 7:33 am
RNY on 01/01/14

But now things r gonna change ! The babies need a schedule and Mommy will just have to adapt .

For sure the best thing 4 m .

I was always told anything you eat after 8 pm you might as well apply ( as in spread on your tummy n barf) it lol

I do think there?s a lot of truth that you?re risking a lot disrupting natural Circadian rhythms .

For a bit I was an Extremely well paid Manhattan bartender- my boyfriend owned the bar . I hated not seeing daylight like a vampire ..... breakfast at 6 am used to be our main meal of the day along with just about every chef in NY .

can?t say anyone was really happy

Cathy H.
on 9/9/21 11:42 pm
VSG on 10/31/16
Jmm4321
on 9/9/21 10:15 pm

It's pretty common, and not necessarily a problem if you manage it. I usually start the day eating a good balance of high nutrition healthy foods. By night, it's cookies, ice cream or chocolate. I've kinda accepted my shortfalls here and try to get some exercise in in the evening, and make sure the day time eating allows for some evening overeating.

JackieLove
on 9/10/21 6:37 am

I have avoided exercise like crazy but I just started walking in the afternoons. Time for me to make other changes.

Janet P.
on 9/10/21 3:17 am
On September 9, 2021 at 1:01 PM Pacific Time, JackieLove wrote:

For most of my adult life I seriously don't eat much at all during the day but when it comes to night time, thats when I go overboard and eat my bigger meals when most people are getting ready for bed. I don't have the desire to eat breakfast or lunch most days but I do snack here and there at times in the afternoon. I know it isn't good for me to eat so much so late but not sure what the answer is for me? Anyone else have this same problem?

You don't say what type of surgery you've had. The answer is to change. You use words like "desire to eat" or "don't eat much". These sound like choices you're making. Having WLS of any kind means you need to adapt and change to be successful. So start adapting. Do it slowly. Have something small in the morning. Then something a few hours later.

I get hungry at night. Always have. I usually have something small (and usually protein) that's appropriate for me and my type of surgery (I had the DS). I always wake up hungry and I take care of that by having a full breakfast (at least 35 grams of protein - all food) before I start my day. Every day no matter what.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

JackieLove
on 9/10/21 6:33 am

I haven't had WLS (yet). You are right about the need for change. I think my night eating habits started when I was working two jobs and would get up early and come home late almost every day. I need to break the habit!

LeonaCR
on 9/10/21 7:13 am

This has always been an issue for me. Now that I am a post op I have to be more mindful of the times I eat and what I eat.