Just had vsg done and I regret it

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/21 5:48 am
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/21 2:31 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Are you feeling any better?

The withdrawal from our lifelong addiction to excess food is HORRIBLE... but after eight weeks the insides mostly heal up and you start losing fat rapidly and wow !

Gaining mobility.... being able to exercise more walk more.... bend down .... have much more endurance and patience and happiness. At least that was my experience. (((()))) hugs

Moniqueavila1
on 9/30/21 4:26 pm

Hi yes , thank you for asking . I am feeling better and able to drink more . I'm able to sleep on my stomach snd walk without getting tired . Yes very greatfull . How are you doing ?

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/21 7:36 am, edited 10/1/21 12:36 am
RNY on 01/01/14
  • Thank God much better. I?ve been under a lot of stress lately especially with the babies ( oh my gosh they require SO Much care ! )

But they?re an absolute delight too . My parents are fighting me because I want to name the baby ( girl ) a traditional Hungarian boys nickname. Seems kind of silly to me but I have to fill out the social security applications and passport forms so I gotta decide...

I also need to find a reliable babysitter and housecleaner because 24/7 by myself is extremely difficult

Moniqueavila1
on 10/1/21 9:21 am

Oh I hear you , yes being a mom is challenging at times but I love my boys they are the best accomplishment I've ever had . We want them to grow so it gets easier but enjoy the moments now that they are little . My teenager is growing up too fast . I'm a single mama too and trust me daycare has been challenging especially since I'm a nurse .I live in California and everything is so expensive here . I'm glad you all are doing great . I'm officially 3 weeks post op .

violet4036
on 10/6/21 7:07 pm

I am getting ready to schedule my vgs and was wondering if any of you totally changed your eating habits before surgery. I have totally changed mine and I have lost a total of 44 lbs since May. Is the feeling of regret coming from having to change your way of eating or the pain that you've experienced after surgery?

Batwingsman
on 10/3/21 1:55 pm, edited 10/3/21 6:56 am - Garland, TX

Only 11 days out is way too early to be getting "buyer's remorse". It was around that time I was pounding walls, yelling at people (inc. my surgical concierge) and wondering WTH have I done to myself (or even whether my surgeon knew what he was doing and possibly messed me up inside). It's like suddenly having your jaws wired shut, as far as your food intake goes -- that's the best way I could describe that phase of the surgery. Eventually, you and your body will adjust to the procedure, you'll have more confidence in it and what's going on, esp. as you see the pounds fall off. Soon your mood will swing just the opposite way and you'll be so glad you went through it. Keep the faith!

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

AlyssaBiddle
on 10/20/21 1:22 pm

I had gastric bypass on September 22nd and I feel the exact same way you do! I literally cry every day. I lost over 50 pounds myself during the 6 month weight checks and my family thinks I should have just done it myself instead of going through with this surgery. I am struggling with mental illness since I had this done, I feel so depressed. I just want to go back to normal!

Most Active