What are some things I can do to help me with my surgery

Kathleen W.
on 10/2/21 7:06 am - Lancaster, PA

Congratulations on putting your health and fitness first. People have made some really terrific suggestions. May I add another? Depending on where you are in the process, you may have a few months to start working on yourself to prepare for surgery. I know people who have done WW (formerly Weigh****chers), myself included. It teaches healthy eating habits such as weighing/measuring food, journaling, long term eating habits, etc. The better habits you develop now, the better you will be after surgery. As your weight comes off, the better your mobility will be.

The other suggestion is not to come down on yourself for mistakes. You are work in progress. If something happens, forgive yourself, get back on track, and move on.

Lastly, don't advertise that you're getting WLS. People like me understand what you're going through. Many people will not understand and will try to talk you out of it saying such things as "You're taking the easy way out", etc. You're doing what's best for you, nobody else.

Again, congratulations on the first steps on becoming the person you were meant to be. Please keep us posted.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

White Dove
on 10/2/21 10:56 am - Warren, OH

Wonderful advice about keeping your surgery to yourself and about attending Weigh****chers. I have been a lifetime member since 1972. I took about two years off after my surgery, but went back to WW as soon as I started to regain. Without WW I would have gained back a lot of the weight that I lost.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathleen W.
on 10/2/21 4:44 pm - Lancaster, PA

WLS and WW are great tools for keeping us in line. I understand about regain. I lost 200 lbs and over the course of time gained 37 back. I've just lost 7 of it. Without all those years on WW, I would have gained back the original 200 plus more.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126