I weigh over 700 lbs what advice you give me statred my weight loss jounery

MetalHeadCHICK
on 9/29/21 7:57 pm

I weigh over 700 lbs what advice you give me statred my weight loss jounery

White Dove
on 9/30/21 8:35 am - Warren, OH

This is a duplicate of your other posts.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Member Services
on 9/30/21 8:35 am, edited 9/30/21 1:36 am - Irvine, CA

You had another thread going and, people have been answering on that. I wasn't sure if you had seen them, so linking here.

Other thread here

MetalHeadCHICK
on 9/30/21 7:34 pm

I'm so sorry thank you I didn't see people have been answering the question I ask

Member Services
on 9/30/21 7:51 pm - Irvine, CA

No worries! Sometimes getting used to a new website can be like going in circles. If you need anything, assistance with find information or helpful links please let us know.

Thanks,

Member Services.

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/21 7:28 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Just glad that you found us and welcome !

Batwingsman
on 10/3/21 1:17 pm, edited 10/3/21 6:26 am - Garland, TX

Wow .. frankly, amazed anyone could even be alive @ that weight .. You need surgical intervention, ASAP. I would think the best way to proceed would be a DS, performed in two parts/procedures, given that extremely high of a BMI, for added safety. Have you checked out the DS forum yet? With that high of a BMI, the surgery is now usually done in two parts, with the V.S.G. (sleeve formation) done first, to reduce and control/limit your intake of food. After your weight has reduced to a lower level (whatever the surgeon feels is appropriate ) then you return for the second part of the DS, which is the actual re-routing and bypassing of the intestine, designed to cause "malabsorption" of the food you do take in, to achieve additional weight loss. Please look into getting this done, ASAP. Sometimes insurance will cover it (plenty of posts on the DS forum on that subject) but if you don't have ins. there are other options, inc. doing what I did, which was to go out of the country to have it done cash pay for only a fraction of the U.S. cost. The only problem with that approach in your situation is you may, and likely do have, "travel limitations' due to your size. Also, doing a two-part procedure would mean having to go out of the country twice. Good luck to you, and please check in to let us all know of your progress.

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/21 2:24 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Be skinny like The Rolling Stones dude ?!!! You just always totally make me laugh !!!!

Yep ... I'm kind of half in luv w ya ... you have a Great sense of humor and personality ( and obviously you're super smart)

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/21 7:00 am
RNY on 01/01/14

A distal RNY ( like my ex husband has been very successful with for over a dozen years ) is also a great option... very similar in results to a DS but perhaps not as extreme .

I personally am not a huge fan of the sleeve or of a two part surgery... it's very hard to get insurance to pay for the second part of it and for most people the limited weight loss of the sleeve is just the beginning of what they need .

When I came on here researching surgery about a dozen years ago everyone was ALL about the DS ... which is a GREAT surgery if you like fat and meats and rich foods ... but it involves daily lifelong vitamin intake and limiting of carbs .

I was offered a proximal RNY with a larger pouch because I like to eat veggies and salads ( and I was a liteweight) .

Ten years post op I still ( luckily) have great malabsorption and pretty much what feels like a virgin ( first two years ) surgery. But I've never stretched my pouch or made fatty or sugary or slider food choices.... except very rarely.
((()))) good luck making your choice

Most Active