how can i stay positive through my weight loss surgery journey

MetalHeadCHICK
on 10/3/21 6:56 pm

I weigh over 700lbs I want to know if you can me any advice on how can i stay positive through my weight loss surgery journey, I get very Discourage easily And it's hard for me to stay positive

White Dove
on 10/4/21 4:22 am - Warren, OH

Nobody can tell you how to stay positive through the whole journey. Take it one day at a time. Stay positive for 24 hours. If that is too big a chunk take it for a few hours at a time. Keep a journal, read about weight loss and health, take up new hobbies, work with a therapist, find exercise you can do, set goals, get support from others. Getting healthier will make a difference but start working on positivity every day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TJFox
on 10/5/21 6:29 am

Love your response. Thanks for the inspiration.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/4/21 10:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Focus on the small changes and the success they bring. My program had me make small changes and make them stick and then more small changes and that Builds success...and remember, even the smallest step forward means you're not where you were.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TJFox
on 10/5/21 6:31 am

Thanks for the reminder that small changes matter!

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/21 5:24 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Keeping your mood up is HARD especially when you're ( gently) forcing yourself to make significant lifestyle changes .

For me , truthfully it requires a twice daily mild antidepressant... which I absolutely HATE having to take but it's better than the alternative which is lying in bed all day .

We didn't overeat for no reason especially after puberty and all that peer pressure to be a certain graceful weight .

We were self medicating... all those excess calories are comforting .

Finding a good caring weekly therapist who can prescribe is to me hugely important

(((())))) love and best wishes

Dusty2018
on 10/11/21 12:56 pm - Winamac, IN

At this point, you have got to do what's BEST for you my dear new friend! If you feel this is a step you need to take then I would investigate EXCELLENT WLS surgeons. Not just anybody! Surgeons that have done over 15,000 Gastric Sleeves like Dr. Alverez at Endobariatrics or better yet a surgeon who does all WLS, Dr. Ortiz at OCC. These two really know weight loss surgery and they incorporate you into their WLS family and are "always" there to answer your questions. Cost is on their websites. They are very transparent! Email them both to see what your best way to go is.......WE support your decision to go forward here on obesity help....Let's show this wonderful person huge support my fellow OH members! ?

Hurrican_katrina12
on 10/19/21 5:45 am

Stay in prayer and read the Bible if you are a believer. If you are a non believer then play soft music and meditate for about 20 minutes every day and it'll relax you. I also try to see the therapist that they sent you to talk about problems or anything that concerns you . Talking to someone is also a big help because the therapist has different exercises they can give you to relax you and get your mind off of everything that you're going through and I wish you much luck with your surgery you're going to do well.

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/21 2:13 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

For me exercise works .

I try to get out ( wherever onto the deck ... onto a beach or a road ) and just keep going ( to great music ... really helps and inspires ) as long as I can.

Yes you're exhausted afterwards... but your body recovers many times stronger.

And it feels SO Great to take a well deserved bath put on clean pajamas ... eat a nice meal totally guilt free . And when you look at your body the next day in the mirror... wow !

Most Active