Do you own a food scale?

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/21 1:37 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I guess if you REALLY asked me I'd say you have a choice. And it also depends very strongly on where you're coming from .

I personally was a lightweight from the beginning... a very frustrated person regarding weight and diabetes but not hundreds of pounds overweight.

In the end I think you need to ask for advice your specific peers who succeeded before you and are still successful .

We're not all in exactly the same boat physically and losing and permanently keeping off many lbs is a HUGE thing .

(((())))) many hugs and the best of luck to you

C B
on 10/27/21 8:56 pm - Houston, TX
On October 24, 2021 at 11:53 PM Pacific Time, Want2beMe wrote:

Do you use it often? I bought a food scale, but im not sure when to use it. Should I return it or just get into the habit of using it? Am I meant to use it for portion control? Do I use it to control my vegetable intake? I bought it to weigh out my food, but I don't know if I weigh it after I cook it or before. It's a cool gadget, but I don't know what I'm doing.

I do own a food scale and I love it! I would try and get in the habit.. I like knowing how much I put in my body. I use an app to track my macros and it has absolutely helped keep me in check. I even take it on vacations. I was taught to weigh your portions before cooking. Foods shrink a bit, but not too much.

2005 HW: 300# // SW: 268# // GW: 140# (maintained for years)

2021 15yrs Post-op: 236# // Current: 127# // Goal: 120#

Most Active