Vitamin D crash after the Covid Pfizer vaccine?

huggsnkis3
on 10/29/21 9:17 am - NY

Ok, let me start off by saying that I hate vitamins. The iron makes me want to puke just thinking about the smell. My levels are usually on the low end but hardly ever VERY low. When they are low my B, D and iron are all low at the same time. I can tell when I need my bloodwork checked by how I feel. I took the Pfizer vaccine 6 months ago and after the second dose I started feeling exhausted. It was not my anemic "I need to chew ice" feeling though. I asked my Dr to check my bloodwork. Only my D was at 17 (extreeeeeemly low). I started the vitamins and felt better after a few weeks. I just got my Pfizer booster two weeks ago and I'm back to my exhaustion. I'm going to make a phone call again to check my levels.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I can't find anything on line about it. It only shows the link between people with vitamin D deficiency and their reaction to Covid. I'm looking for a link between vitamin D deficiency and the vaccine.

White Dove
on 10/29/21 9:36 am - Warren, OH

Not something I have experienced or heard of. But the vaccine is relatively new and we will learn more as time goes on. if you had RNY make sure you are taking the D3 dry supplements. Our stomachs won't process the oil based capsules.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 10/29/21 9:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

No,not an issue here. You probably already know, whether you like taking them or not, you should be taking vitamins and supplements regularly not just when you feel bad. It's part and parcel of what WLS people sign up for.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active