Former "My 600-lb. Life" Stars - What They Look Like Today

catwoman7
on 10/30/21 7:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

this was great to see. I'm not a fan of this show so I haven'****ched very many episodes, and it seems like (from my limited viewing) that many aren't that successful because they can't manage their food addictions (or have enablers that do not follow the rules, either). So I'm glad to see so many successful people. It's hard to believe some of them still weigh as much as the slides say, because they look much smaller in the "after" photos.

Batwingsman
on 10/30/21 8:59 pm - Garland, TX

Well, one thing I noticed is that apparently all 30 of these M600LbL "stars" were ultimately successful in their weight loss journeys, some even continuing to lose weight long after their appearance on the show ended. In that regard, I'm assuming this was not a "cherry picked" list of just the success stories from the show (?) What really strikes me is how, directly opposed to that happy outcome, it seems so many of the "stars" (and winners) on The Biggest Loser did NOT maintain their weight loss after their appearance on that show ended, with many of them experiencing full regain. So, what accounts for the difference? Is it b/c so many of those persons on M600 did have WLS vs. few on TBL? Or is it that the TBL contestants were primarily motivated for $$ and fame for their weight loss, vs. the M600 people who were perhaps primarily motivated by their health and looks instead? Anyone's thoughts on that?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

catwoman7
on 10/30/21 9:37 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I think the surgery was a big factor.

White Dove
on 10/31/21 10:57 am - Warren, OH

Anybody can lose weight by eating less than they burn. With weight loss surgery there is about a 50% chance that most of the weight will stay off after five years. Without surgery regain after five years is about a 95% - 97% chance.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Batwingsman
on 11/1/21 9:29 pm - Garland, TX

btw, did anyone else also notice how many of the 600LBers "met the love of their life", etc. etc. after their weight loss? So very happy for all of them ..

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

sue9999
on 11/21/21 7:48 pm
RNY on 02/08/21

A study was done on TBL people. It found the diet crashed their metabolism permanently (which is separate from the drop in caloric needs due to the actual weight loss). Plus, on the show, they spent significant amounts of time every day exercising which they could not maintain after returning home. It was a recipe for failure. The people on that show did not have WLS unless it was part of their history.

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1372 views