Re: Those "Fancy" Weight Scales

Batwingsman
on 11/2/21 7:00 am - Garland, TX

Also, for some reason, Veggie, I thought you were a very recent post-op. I notice now that you are actually seven years out (?) You seem to have a lot of (unanswered) questions regarding your surgery posted on here of late. Didn't you address any of your questions/issues with your surgeon's office before now? Who WAS your surgeon, btw?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

catwoman7
on 11/2/21 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't think those scales are super accurate - it's more ballpark. I don't know that there's ANYTHING that'll be 100% accurate, but those DEXA scans that you can get at university sports labs or commercial places like DEXAfit are pretty good - much better than the home scales. That being said, though, it should be better than the scale you have - that sounds way off to me.

sweetpotato1959
on 11/3/21 2:34 pm

My brother has one of hose scales...his are not accurate even on the weight.

He can get on them every five minutes and get a different weight every time with no stops between the weights... he also has BLE edema., goes with CHF, A Fib, Post by pass surgery and many other things besides liver failure. Magnesium levels dropping will also increase edema...an cardiac symptoms.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/21 5:11 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

You know many years ago i worked as a personal trainer ( actually manager of that desk ) in a very reputable and expensive Manhattan gym .

We used to put people in a pool and also measure and pinch them to get an accurate estimate of body fat ....

But may I ask you what I asked my clients? What are your actual goals ?

Do you want to look and feel younger and stronger or do you just want to lose weight and dress size or are you interested in becoming that fit muscular grrl or guy ?

Because every path to your chosen goal is slightly different... so let's get there FAST ... let you feel successful and like your efforts really made a difference.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/21 3:03 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Also there were a shocking amount of clients who had the ambition to run marathons... which is NOT easy by any means easy in NYC .

You have to qualify time wise in like twenty races to run ... but some people are determined and they did it from scratch...

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/21 3:08 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

And I did have several clients that successfully managed it through sheer personal will ... one ( formerly ) fat little jewelry district salesman ... a fairly elderly dentist... even a middle aged lady with a huge bra- buying issue ... but she loved to run on that treadmill bouncing ( dreadfully) all the way .....but she joined road runners club and shes probably wearing lululemon yoga pantz and has an apricot ass today .

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/21 3:17 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

If it was me ... this is the one thing I would emphasize.... when get up in the morning make exercise your first priority.

I'm Totally happy my amino acid / vitamin secrets with you to maximize the results from your efforts.

Also I would say never overexert yourself... if you're not happy you won't return the next day . I can't tell you how many times I turned around and said I don't want to do this .... but at least I tried .

Most Active