Clear Liquid Diet Suggestions?

changingmylife2021
on 11/10/21 6:41 am

I have been given clear liquid diet suggestions by my doctors office but would like some of your suggestions on the best tasting clear liquids you would recommended. I haven't tasted any broths before except the Swanson chicken broth when I have been sick. Any best broth suggestions? Protein shakes? Thank you.

Alexpope
on 11/10/21 7:28 am
RNY on 10/21/20

When I had surgery the diet consisted of broths (low sodium or bone broth) unsweetened juices that were diluted decaffeinated tea or coffee 1% or skim milk and sugar free jello and popsicles. Protein Shakes are not clear so we were told not to drink any at this point and to use the milk to supplement protein for this phase. I was lucky and didn't get bored with the choices as I struggled to get enough liquid in early on. you have to keep sipping on all liquids throughout the day. My favorite broth was swanson and I added some seasonings to it for more flavor like my chicken broth I added cumin and lime to give me some flavor. I did check with my nutritionist before I did this and I know each program is different so you might ask them if you can add seasonings to your broth and if you can you can make some variety.

changingmylife2021
on 11/11/21 5:10 pm

Thank you for responding and for your advice. I like Swanson and will try adding some seasonings. My doctor says I can start the protein drinks when I am on full liquids. If I can get through the clear stage I will be ok. I never drink protein shakes so I guess I will have to try a few.

catwoman7
on 11/10/21 1:37 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

re: protein shakes, I had to drink 4-5 a day during the two-week liquid thing. My favorites were Unjury and Syntrax products, but people's tastes vary so widely that you might be better off picking up some individual packets of different brands. You can order some online and may be able to get some at a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

changingmylife2021
on 11/11/21 5:13 pm

Thank you catwoman. I didn't know you can buy individual packets! I will check out both of your recommendations.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/21 2:41 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

This is not clear liquid diet but you can choose not the solids .

Thom Ka Gai ( Thai chicken soup) also plain wonton homemade chicken soup w dumplings ( Can't touch the dumplings )

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views