why im have hard time get rid of my old clothes

MetalHeadCHICK
on 12/12/21 7:17 pm

I do not know why I'm have hard time get rid of my old clothes, I know I will never need them again or I never weigh over 700lbs again. To me I think I'm have difficulty time get rid of them is because my old clothes were my Security blanket. Did anyone else have difficulty time get rid of their old clothes after weight loss surgery.

White Dove
on 12/12/21 9:09 pm - Warren, OH

The bible says if you have two coats, give one to a person who has none. I always donate clothes and other things that I am no longer using. It helps me to have a clutter free home and closets and helps a person who needs what I no longer do.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 12/13/21 2:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

No, did not have this issue. There are a few items of clothing that if I saw them in my new size, I would buy them again though! You're only a few weeks post op so probably still working through everything. Would definitely look to donate what you no longer need as soon as you are comfortable with it - I'm sure it's some kind of psychological safety net! It's hard to find larger clothes second hand sometimes, you may be doing a huge service to someone in need! ****pt one pair of pants to always remind me how far I've come).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

hollykim
on 12/13/21 8:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 13, 2021 at 3:17 AM Pacific Time, MetalHeadCHICK wrote:

I do not know why I'm have hard time get rid of my old clothes, I know I will never need them again or I never weigh over 700lbs again. To me I think I'm have difficulty time get rid of them is because my old clothes were my Security blanket. Did anyone else have difficulty time get rid of their old clothes after weight loss surgery.

no, I didn't have any trouble. I got rid of things as soon as they were baggy.

to me, keeping too big clothes around give me permission to gain the weight back again. If I know I have big clothes to go back into, I might let myself gain back into them.

TJFox
on 12/13/21 9:57 am

It is very understandable to feel the way you do but after you lose even more weight, I bet you won't have an issue donating your clothes!

KimmyJJ
on 12/14/21 10:44 am

I think sometimes some of us were brought up to be conservative when getting rid of things like old clothes and not be wasteful, but if someone else can benefit from it, I'm all for getting rid of what is out of my size range. I had to change my mindset some on that though. I also had to change my mindset on eating everything on my plate, as I was taught many years ago! I've found change is good, especially in the positive direction of a healthier me!

KimmyJJ

White Dove
on 12/14/21 12:32 pm - Warren, OH

I was looking at my closet today and considering whether I will ever wear my pre-pandemic clothes with zippers, snaps, buttons, and belts. I have gotten very comfortable in leggings and t-shirts or sweats. I got rid of any shoes that are not totally comfortable and kept a few pairs of heels in case of an occasion when sneakers are not acceptable.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

notdamomma
on 12/14/21 5:27 pm

I had issues too when I started losing I think it all was psychological that we failed so many times before that we would again. I learned to keep my clothes until they were way too big then I donated them to a support group. Try to find a group or see if your drs office has a clothing exchange. The clothes will come in handy for someone else.

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/22 11:30 am

I need to get rid of those clothes that hid my extra weight.

Most Active