Day 2 A December to Remember Giveaway - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Member Services
on 12/14/21 3:32 am, edited 12/15/21 4:04 am - Irvine, CA

A December to Remember Giveaway

Congratulations to Rjwaghart, our winner for this giveaway. Please check your email for directions on claiming your prize.

For this exciting December To Remember Giveaway, there will be one winner per day. The Giveaway begins on Monday, December 13, 2021, through December 31, 2021. Winners will be selected at random.

This giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. Participants must be registered members of ObesityHelp.

Question: What is the best advice about bariatric surgery that you have been given by others (WLS Vet, Surgeon, RD, etc)?

Giveaway Prize: Devotion Nutrition: $100 Devotion Gift Card

Terms and Conditions

Melody P.
on 12/14/21 4:02 am - Amarillo, TX

The answer for me would undoubtedly be don't compare yourself to others.

Member Services
on 12/14/21 5:55 am - Irvine, CA

Melody, great one. We all are very different and need to remember that.

vtstamper
on 12/14/21 4:59 am
VSG on 12/27/21

My husband had the sleeve procedure done three years ago and is very supportive and encouraging; his best advice is to remember that each day brings you closer to your goal, whether it's in the preparation time or immediately post-surgery or every day afterward and to just focus on TODAY!!

Member Services
on 12/14/21 5:56 am - Irvine, CA

Love this one too. Great advice for us all, no matter where we are at in our journey.

KimmyJJ
on 12/14/21 10:36 am

vtstamper, your husband is a smart guy! Success to you all!

KimmyJJ

wendygail
on 12/14/21 5:34 am - Live Oak, FL
For me it was, Take it one day at a time. Your journey may be a little different than others, so don't go comparing yourself to them.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Member Services
on 12/14/21 5:57 am - Irvine, CA

Agree. This is one of the best pieces of advice I got too and I remind myself daily, even after 19 yrs.

cheapskate
on 12/14/21 6:50 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Work your program like it's your job.

what we have done in the past didn't work fornus or we wouldn't be having surgery so trust the process and take it seriously....

SidneyLeiFrances
on 12/14/21 8:45 am

Mine has been to be prepared mentally before having surgery and to have support.