What if Anything Did You Do to Treat YOURSELF for the Holidays ?

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/21 3:35 am, edited 12/30/21 8:45 am
RNY on 09/01/12

We do So Much for others !

Reading posts here for some years ... I've been struck by how much we caretake and show compassion and go out of our way for others, particularly our families .

In my case I often fell short of caring for myself ... which I think led to over-emphasis on pleasure and rewards through food. So now I make it a point to take care of and reward myself in non food related ways.

Last week I took two long , luxurious bubblebaths with lavender scented Epsom salts and bubbles ( the kit was 6.99 from Rite Aid ) ... good reading material, candles , a fluffy clean bath towel and soft bath mat underfoot ... and jumped into clean sheets and down comforters and a featherbed afterwards ... yum ! ( and had zero problems sleeping !)

I also bought myself a birthday/ Christmas gift - a ( four hundred dollar - yikes ! ( but worth it ) cordless contraption that vacuums and mops and scrubs and then sucks the dirty water back up ( so its perfect for hardwood floors and marble which so easily spots and looks filthy at the drop of a hat )

And even got my scraggly hair trimmed for the holidays which my Mother actually noticed and complimented me on . No more "unkempt Covid Bozo hair" as my hairstylist refers to what walks through her door these days on her longterm clients lol. I think I'm ready to take on the new year and make 2022 even better than all the years before.

Have you remembered yourself in this season of gift giving and holiday meal preparing ?

Wishing everyone a great and happy holiday !

FkinlEy
on 12/24/21 6:12 am

I just went to California and now I am eating Pizza!

TheWombat
on 12/26/21 11:25 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I bought myself some art supplies and spent more time drawing cartoons. I'm strictly amateur, but I sometimes include cartoons in my presentations for work, and I want to do more of that in 2022. It gives people a break from the usual PowerPoint slide, and it makes my talks more enjoyable and memorable.

Jmm4321
on 12/26/21 9:38 pm

I bought myself a carvel birthday cake which I do every 6 to 8 weeks year round. Luckily this time it was really my birthday so I don't feel as guilty about it.

Kathleen W.
on 1/1/22 6:20 am - Lancaster, PA

The best gift is forgiving myself for slipping up on Christmas Eve and getting back on track.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active