Day 11 December to Remember Giveaway - Winner Announced

Member Services
on 12/28/21 4:01 am, edited 12/29/21 5:12 am - Irvine, CA

A December to Remember Giveaway

For this exciting December To Remember Giveaway, there will be one winner per day. The Giveaway begins on Monday, December 13, 2021, through December 31, 2021. Winners will be selected at random.

This giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. Participants must be registered members of ObesityHelp.

Congratulations Boxerheather, you are our winner for Day 11 December to Remember. Please check your email for notification and instructions.

Question: What is or was most important to you when researching surgery and your bariatric surgeon?

Prize: Mantra Bands: https://www.mantraband.com/ 1 Mantra Band, winner?s choice of Gold, Silver, Rose Gold, value $25 for Silver, and $35 Gold & Rose Gold & Scentered: https://scentered.com/ Stocking x 4 gift set and a mini tin, value $86. They will also provide an exclusive discount code for participants.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/28/21 4:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

1) Understanding my insurance coverage and the limitation and options associated with it

2) Understanding the various surgeries potential impact on Type 2 diabetes

3) The support program associated with the surgeon

I used a lot of google, attended their in person workshop and asked so many questions.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

cheapskate
on 12/28/21 5:23 am
RNY on 03/30/15

For me it was who my insurance covered and how confident i felt in the actual surgeon.

i was lucky that we had a great bariatric center where I was and I got the best of the best.....i kind of went in more trusting than i would now and inwould ask more questions....but it ended up fine!

Kathleen W.
on 12/28/21 6:15 am - Lancaster, PA

I wanted a wls that was best for my health concerns. I also wanted a center of excellence to back up the surgeon was doing.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

TierraMoone
on 12/28/21 6:29 am

I looked for my surgeons patient testimonials. That was very important to me and also his years of experience.

speechless1
on 12/28/21 8:32 am
RNY on 08/06/21

The strong recommendation of my PCP for this particular surgeon was much appreciated.

MLMINWILM
on 12/28/21 8:51 am
VSG on 06/13/20

Testimonials from past/current patients

boxerheather
on 12/28/21 9:32 am

Of the surgeons that my insurance covered, I looked at several different items:

1. Endorsements of previous patients.
  2. A good record of having successfully done all of the surgeries.
  3. The surgeons demeanor, which didn't end up having an effect because I wanted the most capable surgeon and not necessarily one with perfect bedside manner.
  4. The orientation meeting ended up being conducted by the surgeon I wanted and I was very impressed with his vast knowledge and answers to all of the questions asked of him.
  5. My initial appointment with him indicates that he thought the surgery that would work best for me was the one I wanted to have done - RNY.
  6. He was also concerned with our support system being comfortable with the surgery and answered, and reassured, my then husband.

AggieMom06
on 12/29/21 11:07 am
VSG on 01/09/17

1. Understanding the different types of bariatric surgery.
2. Finding a physician who specialized in bariatric surgery and had a proven track record.
3. Ensuring I met all requirements for my insurance to provide coverage for the procedure.
4. Having the support from my family to make the journey.
5. Having the support of my family doctor.

Most Active