Day 12 December to Remember Giveaway - Winner Announced

Member Services
on 12/29/21 5:10 am, edited 12/30/21 4:42 am - Irvine, CA

A December to Remember Giveaway

For this exciting December To Remember Giveaway, there will be one winner per day. The Giveaway begins on Monday, December 13, 2021, through December 31, 2021. Winners will be selected at random.

This giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. Participants must be registered members of ObesityHelp.

Congratulations Kathleen W, you are the winner of day 12 December to Remember. Please check your email for notification and instructions.

Question: Have you ever been impacted by weight bias for employment, education, or healthcare? What was it and how did you handle it?

Prize: ObesityHelp, Inc. Instant Vortex Plus 4 Qt Air Fryer Customizable Smart Cooking Program, Digital Touchscreen, and Non-Stick Air Fryer Basket. & Nicewell Food Scale, 22lb Digital Kitchen Scale Weight Grams and Ounces for Cooking. Total value $120.00

Summerjoe
on 12/29/21 5:33 am

Years ago I applied for a job as a waitress at an upscale restaurant and in my interview the owner told me that they had an image to uphold and my weight was an issue. He told me also that they are a fast paced business and he didn't think I would be able to keep up with the demands as a server. (although I had prior experience)

rittlette
on 12/29/21 8:41 am
DS on 12/23/18

I don't know if it was so much bias but dreading going to the doctor to be told that my weight was an issue was really hard. Having labs done and being told that I had to make a change. I was a stay home mom so I had the luxury to hide in the house or wear big comfy clothes to shlep my daughters to their various classes. I think the majority of my bias and discrimination, anger, hatred was what I did to myself. That inner voice was the meanist, most abusive voice I heard. It is slowly getting better but its hard.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/21 9:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

When I went into the NP with unexplained fatigue that I was concerned about she told me I it was a lifestyle issue and if I lost weight I would have more energy. Turns out I had mono and was very, very ill...and then she became very, very unemployed.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TJFox
on 12/29/21 12:43 pm

I was a "normal" weight for many years and as it happened I steadily began to gain weight by eating my emotions. I absolutely noticed that no matter what symptoms I had, it almost always came back to my weight as far as my doctor was concerned. He was right on some issues but certainly not all. I almost always left his office feeling even worse about myself than I already did.

Melody P.
on 12/29/21 1:26 pm - Amarillo, TX

Healthcare for sure. Lots of doctors that dismissed my constant back pain...said I just needed to lose weight. When someone finally ordered an MRI I have an extremely bad back that even the weight wouldn't of fixed it!

Kathleen W.
on 12/29/21 3:25 pm - Lancaster, PA

I didn't have problems with employment though there was bias from the medical community. I have the same issues both thin and overweight. I received better treatment as a normal sized person for the same problem where, as heavier, they blew me off.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

TJFox
on 12/30/21 6:55 am

Congratulations Kathleen

Most Active