STRESSED out to the max!

TJFox
on 1/3/22 6:10 am

2022 is starting off with a bang. I am beyond stressed out and eating my way through it. I am stressed because I think I am going to be losing my job very soon and I have no idea where I would even apply for a job at this point. I have been working for the same company for quite a few years. And then I have a loved one that was just diagnosed with stage four cancer. Lot's more going on. Too many things to mention but I can't seem to find my way out of this darkness.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/3/22 1:11 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It's tough when you have so much going on at once. It sounds like there is not a lot in your control right now, so focus on what you can control, like what you eat; if you exercise, do you have the details of your job/jobs if you need to apply somewhere. Can you talk to someone about where your head is (GP, EAP, Counselor?)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TJFox
on 1/4/22 4:58 am

I have been talking to the PA I see and she has tried me on a couple of medications one of which made me feel like I was losing my mind. I am working on my resume and trying to remember dates and things but I think that's gone out the window. Focusing on what I can control is what I need to do.

Kathleen W.
on 1/3/22 1:27 pm - Lancaster, PA

I'm so sorry that you're going through so much right now. I have no words of wisdom to offer you except that May God keep you in the palm of His hand while you struggle through this. Again, I'm sorry that you are in this.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

TJFox
on 1/4/22 5:00 am

Thank you very much for your kind words.

White Dove
on 1/3/22 2:05 pm - Warren, OH

What type of work will you be looking for?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TJFox
on 1/4/22 5:05 am

Right now I work at a distribution center but I would like to find a job working from home. Something that involves helping people.

White Dove
on 1/4/22 11:38 am - Warren, OH

Sign up for www.flexjobs.com and see if they have something that you want to do. There is a small fee of about $10 a month to sign up. It was worth it to me. I found a job the first day and still doing the work six years later.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/3/22 3:22 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

supposedly, the job market is really good right now - so that piece might not be as difficult as you're thinking. I'm sorry about the loved one with cancer, though. That is tough...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

TJFox
on 1/4/22 5:12 am

That's what my sister told me too. Cancer takes too many lives too soon! Runs in my family it seems.

Most Active