Are there any bariatric surgeons that work on high BMI's in Los Angeles or close to?

TeeTee13
on 1/7/22 6:32 pm - Arleta, CA

Hello sorry I am horrible at writing so hopefully I can make this all makes sense.

Hello I am wondering if anyone has any information or know of any doctor that is close to the Los Angeles area that works on patients that have high BMI's, my BMI currently is 83 I am 26 years old and really would like to have bariatric surgery. Because it is very hard for me to live life at this point with all this weight. I have tried a couple of doctors in the Los Angeles area and none of them will even try to help me until I get to a lower BMI. Most of the doctors I have been to have all told me the same thing that I am too big for me to be in their program so it's kind of down putting me because I feel like I don't even have the chance and that it's already too late. If anyone has any information or know of any other doctors that is willing to help someone my size please let me know thank you.Are there any bariatric surgeons that work on high BMI's in Los Angeles or close to?

Member Services
on 1/8/22 4:43 am - Irvine, CA

Hello TeeTee,

Our ObesityHelp team would be happy to help you in your search for a surgeon that works with higher BMI's. Please contact us at Member Services: Email Member Services

califsleevin
on 1/14/22 8:14 am - CA

I would look up Dr. Ara Keshishian in Pasadena. I don't know if he has any specific BMI restrictions, but he specializes in the duodenal switch (DS) which is often the best procedure for high BMI patients, and people come from all over the country to see him for the DS and other complex revisions (so he isn't afraid of complicated cases.) One of the best in the business, and certainly worth a call.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active