Graze, eat, upset stomach, vomit

Want2beMe
on 1/11/22 5:47 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

I grazed on fruits throughout the day today and at 6:30 I tried having some turkey and carrots. Unfortunately, it caused a very upset stomach and within 15-20mins I was vomiting. Did the grazing plus my meal have been to much and be considered overeating? I did not like the feeling of my stomach being in knots for 15-20mins. But what a relief now that it's out! Is my pouch ok if I vomit? What if it was to much food, is my pouch ok? Thinking back on what I ate today: strawberries for breakfast, string cheese for a dairy snack, apples and grapes at lunch, yogurt for dairy snack, a few blueberries, and then the turkey and carrots.

White Dove
on 1/12/22 5:58 am - Warren, OH

You may have eaten too much at once, or you might have something like a stomach flu. After vomiting, it is a good idea to stick to liquids for a day or so to keep the pouch from getting inflamed. Also sip the liquids slowly so you don't get sick again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Want2beMe
on 1/12/22 7:52 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Ok, thank you. I feel fine today and did so after vomiting. Can't believe I over ate. Going to take it nice and easy.

White Dove
on 1/12/22 12:18 pm - Warren, OH

I know you are not a new post-op. But I used to teach a class where I used a empty 2-liter soda bottle to represent what the old stomach could hold and then the bottlecap from that soda bottle to represent what the new pouch can hold. At your stage you can probably hold less than 1/2 cup of solid food.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends