What are some easy exercise I can do weight over 500 pounds,

sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 11:45 am

dragracingwife,

I would suggest a variety of small activities. This will keep you from getting bored and increase your ability to move overall.

Try a variety adding slowly to what you are able to do and replacing one of your walks with a different exercise. (for 7-10 days) works for me. I suspect you need leg strengthening with little impact for knees and hips to begin. So these are what i did when at my heaviest and to increase balance.

Start with what you currently do... If you can walk 5 minutes i would do that , for 5 minutes- 4x / day. as you are able- add one minute , at least 2x a week.This can include walking to the mail box, or walking a dog,or doing laps in the living room, or thru the house..Just don't stop til the time is up each time..Remember You are to begin with what YOU CAN do NOW. The most important thing i was taught was to split all exercise time up so that i do something morning and night...to get and keep metabolism up..

sit in a straight chair and do ankle circles( both directions , start with 3 each way, ankle pushes( like mashing on a gas pedal and retracting...) and leg lifts from knee down and progress up as you are able...

can also hold to straight, standing and do leg circles. concentrate on making the heel make a 8 inch (progress a 12 inch circle).. do each leg equally. Again start with 3 each direction each leg.. You can also begin strengthening to upper legs by placing your feet apart same as hips and slightly bending knee.. slowly going back to full height.. The key to all of these exercises is to make changes in positions -slowly and use your weight to strengthen your muscles. building muscle will enable faster fat loss..and increase ability to move easier. .

Add deep breathing exercises.. Making sure to inhale deeply and fully and exhale the same extent. slow and steady... concentrate on the breathing.. It is one way our body rids its self of toxins.

start doing arm exercises. start with your fists, with arms fully extenended to your sides at shoulder level... hold them out and test how long you can hold them... the when that time is up, or nearly so do one forward circle with your fists, and one backward circle with them.. build on what you can do... when these get "too easy"..add a 15 ounce can of veggies to each hand and continue on.

..I would add isometrics at bedtime. to do them you begin with laying down in a comfortable position. starting with feet, SLOWLY tense the muscles of your feet and hold them for 3-5 seconds,then slowly release repeat for 3 times to start... gradually increase to 8. tthen after those are done progress up the legs in muscular sets doing the same.- continue up the body....ending with the facial muscles. Then i am ready for sleep.

Denise
sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 11:52 am
  1. forgot to add, nutritionally support your knees and hips.. Bone broth is one good way so is a multi-collagen nutritional .(broth also counts as a liquid protein)..re:collagen.. look for one with 5 kinds of collagen...several are out there. It does take time, to heal cartilage and ligaments that are weak, or injured. just went thru this with a shoulder injury.
Denise
Most Active