I need help how do I tell my two boys I'm have weight loss surgery

dragracingwife
on 1/18/22 1:09 pm

Hi I'm mother of two wonderful boys Hank who is 12, and Cash who is 9, and My question how do I tell them I going to have weight loss surgery?

Partlypollyanna
on 1/18/22 2:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

The same way you would tell them if you were having a hysterectomy or a knee replacement or a root canal.

You and your doctor have decided that you are having surgery....then walk them through the appropriate information based on what you know about them, their maturity and their ability to digest and react.

Be available to answer any questions. Tell them if it means they have to do anything unusual (stay at family if you have to overnight at the hospital), things like that.

If you make it dramatic, they will too; if you don't they probably won't.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 1/18/22 2:47 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Also, Hank and Cash....Williams and Johnny? I love that.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

dragracingwife
on 1/19/22 8:12 pm

Thank you for answering my question yes my husband and I name them at because they were my husband favorite singers.

Kathleen W.
on 1/19/22 11:47 am - Lancaster, PA

I agree with Partlypollyanna. The only thing I would add is the fact that you love them very much and you want to be around for a long, long, time. You want to be able to take them to amusement parks and being able to enjoy them and yourself. Do all the crazy rides, etc. Take family vacations togethers and not have to be a party pooper. Take plenty of pictures of them and you being in the picture. 50 years from now, they can look at those pictures and remember that you loved them so much. You want to healthy and want the best for them and you.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1114 views