Stricture

Dominique S.
on 3/3/22 4:31 am - Detroit, MI

Hello Everyone

Its been a while since I ve posted :-) Hope everyone is well. I was sleeved 8 years ago and have suffered from acid reflux since. i recently was converted to a by-pass because of the reflux on Novemebr 1. Since being converted I have been throwing up and recently had to be dilated due to a stricture. I have been eating ok since but my worry is that Ill gain weight back since the stricture was fixed. I have been having anxiety thinking about this. Can someone please ease my mind. After your stricture was fixed did anyone gain weight because you could eat more?

I tried talking to my hubby but he does not understand why im having anxiety

Please Help me

catwoman7
on 3/3/22 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they just stretch it back to the width it's supposed to be (i.e., the size of the stoma minus the stricture) - so it's not going to make you gain weight. I had two of them - at four weeks out and again at eight weeks out. I went on to lose over 200 lbs.

plus it's not an option not to fix them. If you allow them to continue, at some point, you won't be able to keep fluids down, either - which means you'll be dead in a few days.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Dominique S.
on 3/3/22 6:20 am - Detroit, MI

Thank You So much. I dont know why im so worried .. But you have definitely eased my mind .

Member Services
on 3/3/22 8:09 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Dominique,

Here is a link to an article you might find helpful:

https://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/complications-happen-my -struggle-with-a-stricture/

catwoman7
on 3/3/22 9:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - she had it bad. I just had to have mine stretched out twice, which I hear is not that unusual...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views