RNY revision

mjvallee
on 3/17/22 9:31 am

Is there any info on having an RNY revision, or is this not something that can be done? I had my RNY back in 2001, and now have gained back about 60lbs of the 135, that I lost. I have just tried a pouch reset, but its not helping. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MJ

Sandim777
on 3/17/22 9:45 am

Hi MJ!

There is such a thing as a revision. I'm in the same boat as you--had my RNY in 2003, lost 125 lbs and have gained 45 lbs. I lost 35 lbs last year and was on a roll but injured myself working out. I also started menopause and of the 35 lbs that I lost, I've gained 20 back due to steroid medications and now hormone replacement therapy. I got back on track on my weight loss journey, but have not been able to get back to where I was last June. After months of trying I decided to look into RNY revision. I had a consultation with my original Dr's office in January and was told my options for a revision are an RNY Distal or a DS Loop. My insurance does not cover the loop, so we're going to try and get approval for the distal. I'm at the tail end of completing my qualifications for approval and I'm soooo hoping for a surgery date for April. I hope this helps!

Please feel free to add me as a friend! :)

White Dove
on 3/18/22 3:59 pm - Warren, OH

When you had your first surgery, your stomach was about the size of 2-liter bottle of soda. It could hold a lot of food. It was reduced down the size of about a grape. But with the tiny little stomach we figure out how to put enough calories into it to gain weight. A revision might make it a tiny bit smaller, but it will not be any noticeable difference like the first time. Revisions result in a 20 pound loss from the liquid diet before surgery and then very restricted diet for a month after surgery. But once people heal up, they tend to go back to regular meals and gain back that 20 pounds.

There is a way to lose that weight again, but it is by eating less food than you burn. Either you become a super athlete and spend hours a day exercising or you go on a calorie restricted diet. I personally follow Weigh****chers. I made up my mind years ago that I will always be on a diet or I will gain the weight back again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active