Thoughts on Ozempic?

LeslieCL
on 3/26/22 5:16 am

I had surgery 4 years ago and have stalled. My surgeon suggested I contact the Bariatric Dr who is the head of the program. First he had me on Optifast for 5 months. I lost some more but was miserable and became anemic. A few months or proper food and vitamins have me back in good health but I still have about 40 lbs to go. The Bariatric Dr has prescribed Ozempic. I haven't started it yet. Any thoughts?

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

hollykim
on 3/27/22 10:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 26, 2022 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, LeslieCL wrote:

I had surgery 4 years ago and have stalled. My surgeon suggested I contact the Bariatric Dr who is the head of the program. First he had me on Optifast for 5 months. I lost some more but was miserable and became anemic. A few months or proper food and vitamins have me back in good health but I still have about 40 lbs to go. The Bariatric Dr has prescribed Ozempic. I haven't started it yet. Any thoughts?

what does a days menu look like? How many calories a day are you getting. I don't have any thoughts on that medicine but wonder about your I take?

LeslieCL
on 3/27/22 7:06 pm

I thank you for your response. I eat according to the post surgery bariatric program I am on. I am a walker. And I drink my water and take the necessary supplements. Some nuts are just harder to crack. It is unusual but it happens. This is why I'm considering Ozempic.

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

White Dove
on 3/28/22 6:08 pm - Warren, OH

The only way I lose weight now is by eating less and exercising more. I am currently 9 pounds over my goal and hope to lose that by Memorial Day. I count calories and need 10 calories per day for each pound I want to maintain. To lose I subtract 500 per day and drop one pound a week. The side effects on that drug would scare me to death. I would rather count calories.

A pound a week seems slow but it is 52 pounds in a year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

thinblueline
on 4/11/22 10:31 am

My wife takes it she loves it, she has lost a little bit of weight !

Coop

Most Active