scheduled a surgery date with Dr. Shillingford anyone else had him
Good afternoon everyone,
I have a surgery date set for 9/19 and I am just worried about the risk and outcome of the sleeve.
Has anyone had Dr. Shillingford as a surgeon and can provide any feedback and outcomes if he did your surgery.
I worry about a few things and feel free to answer.
- Is the surgery painful?
- did anyone have the surgery at the Palm Beach Gardens outpatient center?
- did you have lovonax shots after and if so for how long?
- any complications and regrets?
- any positives ( greatly welcomed )
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and calm my nerves a bit.
on 8/8/22 1:10 pm
I didn't have surgery with this doctor but happy to answer what I can of your questions if you're interested just let me know. I'm three and a half weeks post op from a loop switch, whi*****ludes a sleeve. Cheers!
282 @ referral on 4/28, 280 @ consult on 5/24, 249 surgery day for SADI on 7/15
Loss: Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17
Today's weight: 210.8
Hi, I had my surgery with Dr Shillingford on 8/17/22. I had the surgery at the hospital and not the out patient center...
- Is the surgery painful? The only part that was painful for me was the air that is trapped after, but walking and burping took care of that by the next morning.
- did anyone have the surgery at the Palm Beach Gardens outpatient center? I was at Coral Hills, I believe you just have a shorter stay at the outpatient center, like release that night, I was released the next afternoon.
- did you have lovonax shots after and if so for how long? Yes, everyone has to do them, it is to keep you from getting blood clots, as abdominal surgery runs a high risk. it is only 2 weeks and very easy to do.
- any complications and regrets? Zero regrets. It's only been a month, but I am down about 20 lbs since surgery, and that is with a stall (happens a lot the first few weeks). Definitely worth it. Just make sure you get your fluids in!
- any positives ( greatly welcomed ) Not being controlled by food and weight is a liberating thing. Its all an investment in the future!