Protein shake issues post revision

Deelove16
on 12/8/22 1:33 pm
Revision on 11/10/22

Hiii everyone. I had a revision surgery to a bypass after having a sleeve before. I was so good with protein last time but this time I can't tolerate it at all. I'm good with liquids in general bu****er alone makes me nauseous and I don't like most of the sugar free drinks I had before. The taste changes suck :( but I'm trying. I've been nauseous for the whole month mostly. I had to suck on lemon hard candy for a few days because I couldn't eat a thing without feeling nauseous. They I realized I wasn't getting enough sugar and that's why the candy made me feel better. I told my doctor this by the way. I also had to stay in diluted juice for a bit because I couldn't really stomach anything. I'm not sure if that has slowed my weight loss

But I'm in soft food now and figuring out what to eat is stressful. I will want something and then be completely turned off by it. I was too tired to cook/didn't have much to cook that I wanted yesterday and I ordered chickfila. I had their grilled chicken and tortilla soup without the tortilla. I had that for dinner and then breakfast. I was so happy to be able to eat something that I just ordered it again.

anyway, does anyone have advice?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/10/22 12:09 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hi there!

Sounds like it's been a rough ride for you. Not sure how helpful this might be but we do have a couple of similarities. Before surgery I wasn't a fan of flavored sweet things, and that's been exacerbated afterwards. I also have had plenty of food aversions where things I loved, or that sounded good, tasted bad or I couldn't eat more than a bite.

For me, I ended up practically living on plain, low fat cottage cheese and unflavored, nonfat Greek yogurt for a while. Bone broth and Fairlife milk added extra protein during early phases. My craving was salt rather than sugar but the cottage cheese helped with that. And broth. If you can experiment to find a couple of foods you can tolerate that are high protein, that could help. Ricotta bake was an early one for me, too.

I also pester my dietician a lot for feedback based on tolerance issues. They may have some recommendations that will work for you. Best of luck!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Deelove16
on 12/12/22 8:37 am
Revision on 11/10/22

Yeah actually have thought about the ricotta bake. I have a strong aversion to bone broth now and most broths but I'm trying. I'm going to try to make a white chicken chili with some beans. I've been able to tolerate deli turkey and chicken breast so that's nice. And low fat cheese.

the only sweet thing I can really do is some low fat yogurt from Amazon fresh but now that I can eat other things it's a bit high in sugar.

i had scrambled egg whites with turkey today. But tbh eggs are starting to tase weird to me which sucks

White Dove
on 12/14/22 2:20 am - Warren, OH

The lady who bought us ricotta bake (Eggface) has a website with a lot of good suggestions. Start with the pureed food phase for now. Eggface Puree

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Deelove16
on 12/15/22 8:53 am
Revision on 11/10/22

Thank you. I didn't even realize it but I hit phase 4 last week and I've been doing great with chicken breast. I've been majorly craving meatballs. I'm going to try to make some myself. It's so cold here that I think crockpot soup from the website you linked would be great

JerryGray
on 12/22/22 8:18 am

I am afraid of proteins and Omega and it is a stuff of moral level. I am afraid they will bring me kg. At the same time, I know they are mandatory for a healthy body. How to convince myself to drink this protein shake?

hollykim
on 12/23/22 7:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 22, 2022 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, JerryGray wrote:

I am afraid of proteins and Omega and it is a stuff of moral level. I am afraid they will bring me kg. At the same time, I know they are mandatory for a healthy body. How to convince myself to drink this protein shake?

your posts are visible but unfortunately they don't make any sense to me.

JerryGray
on 12/21/22 12:22 pm

Do you see my posts? I am confused...

White Dove
on 12/23/22 5:22 am - Warren, OH

What is kg?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

LeslieCL
on 12/25/22 4:48 am

Kilogram

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1363 views