Recent Posts

starladustangel
on 4/15/24 9:59 pm - WA
Revision on 07/13/21
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass hypoglycemia

Had revision from vsg to bypass almost 3 years ago for GERD and am experiencing reactive hypoglycemia and rapid gastric emptying no matter what I eat. It's led to regain from 143 to 163 since my revision. Even after a meal of dense protein like chicken my pouch is empty super quick, my blood sugar plummets to below 50 and I need to eat again. My insurance approved Wegovy with BMI 27.5 because of this so hopefully it helps. I expected issues if I ate simple carbs or sugar but it's everything and I never feel full even if my blood sugar doesn't drop.

clairenew
on 4/13/24 7:35 am, edited 4/1/24 8:33 pm
Topic: RE: Interesting Medical Journal Study - WLS & Interpersonal Relationships

Sounds interesting! WLS (bariatric surgery) can truly have a significant impact on various aspects of a person's life, including social relationships. In college, I was asked to read something, so I found an annotated bibliography writing service, I use https://ca.edubirdie.com/annotated-bibliography-writing-serv ice for this. It's simply unbearable; on the first page I'm already falling asleep. But I could read magazines like this for days. There are really interesting facts written there.

Melaya
on 4/13/24 6:52 am
Topic: Slim For the Summer (2024)

Hi everyone!

I would like to get slimmer for Summer 2024. I have 5 lbs. to lose, to get lower than a BMI of 30 (advised by my Doctor). I will eat small meals only. I will take my medicine.

Who else is trying to get slimmer for the summer?

MsNikki318
on 4/7/24 6:53 am - Bastrop, LA, LA
VSG on 10/28/16
Topic: RE: Adhesions and Scar tissue

Sorry to hear that. I've heard that some folks find relief through things like gentle stretching exercises, massage therapy, or even acupuncture.

Lisafuzz
on 3/30/24 12:37 pm
Topic: RE: Sjogren's syndrome and surgery

Hello: I too have Sjögren's syndrome and am very curious to how you have gotten along after Bariatric surgery?

Helsey
on 3/25/24 11:25 am, edited 3/25/24 4:26 am
Topic: RE: A Vibrating Weight-Loss Pill ?

I think it depends how you take it!

Batwingsman
on 3/21/24 2:33 pm, edited 3/21/24 2:35 pm - Garland, TX
Topic: Dozens of Lawsuits Filed Over Weight Loss Drug Ozempic

A sad, but predictable, follow up to my post last July about the horrible side effects some patients were experiencing as a result of using the medication, inc. "gastroparesis" (stomach paralysis) ..

https://www.aol.com/dozens-sue-saying-ozempic-other-15494724 4.html

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Jmm4321
on 3/17/24 9:11 pm, edited 3/17/24 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: Interesting Medical Journal Study - WLS & Interpersonal Relationships

Oddly enough, I attracted little attention before, and none after :). It's ok as I like keeping a low profile.

The weight loss study didn't seem to point to much. The only result worth noticing seems to be that younger participants had a higher rate of broken relationships post-wls. In some relationships, people may settle for partners if they think that's the best they can do and don't want to be alone. Post wls, they may feel they can do better (whatever their definition that means). In other cases, I think the significant other feels threatened by the perceived or real new attention to their partner.

White Dove
on 3/17/24 3:27 am - Warren, OH

Often aftsr weight loss surgery a person goes from being Ignored by the opposite sex to suddenly receiving a lot of admiration and attention. That can be a big challenge for their marriage or relationship. I used to tell people that it is possible to avoid divorce but might take some work to do so.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MargarenTravcins
on 3/15/24 4:53 am, edited 3/17/24 9:34 pm
Topic: RE: Marijuana's affect on surgery

While there's limited research on the exact effects of marijuana on surgery, some studies suggest it may impact anesthesia requirements. Your surgeon will likely want to ensure the safest possible procedure, so they may advise temporarily stopping marijuana use before surgery. As for disqualification, it's unlikely unless there are specific concerns about your overall health. If you're still looking for info, I'd recommend discussing it further with your medical team to get personalized advice. Additionally, if you're interested, exploring medical cannabis uk might be worth considering for managing your conditions in a potentially safer way.

Most Active