Recent Posts

thethinme
on 4/19/21 1:17 pm - NY
Topic: RE: Can't see Health Tracker GRAPHIC chart

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

It's the graph on health tracker. It's just doesn't show as it did a few years back. For me it makes the tracking kind of unusable and without purpose.

actually it's one of the main reasons I stopped coming to the site. I used to use it everyday.

I've complained before... Hope you can really fix it this time (?) Shouldn't be that difficult for programmers. It should show on Safari, Firefox and Chrome... at least.

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

elliec
on 4/19/21 12:05 pm
Topic: RE: New Here

Thank you so much for responding. Can you speak of your skin surgery?

Christina135
on 4/19/21 10:44 am
Topic: RE: Flavour suggestions for chia seed pudding

I add a little bit of cocoa powder, and use a little coconut cream/milk to add to the flavor. I've never noticed the spearmint flavor, but I totally get that. I am one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap, so definitely get it.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

sweetpotato1959
on 4/19/21 9:45 am
Topic: RE: More weight obsessed after weight loss

I agree, am in 3rd decade past surgery.. am under 200, and like you was a goal... any time anything consumes your mind, no matter your size you need professional help in that field.. stay on your diet.. it took my Mom 4 years to get to goal... with surgery. stress will stop weight loss , learn to relax. enjoy life, laugh.

Denise
GRANDMAr
on 4/19/21 9:13 am
VSG on 10/21/16
Topic: RE: More weight obsessed after weight loss

Hi!

First, let me congratulate you on your success.

I think because we were so overweight, we thought, in our minds, that a certain weight would be the best.

Yet the more you lose, the more you want to lose, even if you were never that weight before or if you were, it was so long ago.

Obesity IS and eating disorder, so to substitute one with another is not so unusual.

However, if you have become so obsessed and it is all consuming, getting some therapy by a person who specializes in eating disorders might be a good idea.

Good luck with your journey!

GRANDMAr
on 4/19/21 9:09 am
VSG on 10/21/16
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

Hi!

I went through all the prior pre-op processes and opted out about a week or two before surgery.

I lost a good amount of weight during the process and figured that if I continued, I'd be able to do it on my own.

I really don't know why I thought that since I gained and lost the same 25 lbs. a million times.

I was right, I couldn't do it.

I wound up going for the surgery about 3 years later and couldn't be happier!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

TheWombat
on 4/19/21 6:12 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I had WLS at age 59. After I lost most of the weight (about one year later), I had bags under my eyes, and a definite "wattle". But I was thrilled with how much better I felt -- and looked, overall. Definitely no regrets.

I assumed that was my new look, and I was satisfied. But after another six months, the bags under my eyes disappeared. The wattle is still there, but significantly diminished, and age-appropriate. And the sparkle in my eyes now is amazing! I lost all my excess weight and I have so much energy.

So overall, I would say that any ageing of the face is well worth the improvement in health, energy, and overall appearance. Also, some of the effects on your face may be only temporary.

Temporary depression after surgery (or illness) is common. I suggest you have a plan in place to deal with it. I have chronic depression, well-managed with medication, but I was concerned about it getting worse after surgery. My plan was to keep in regular touch with some close friends so I would have support if I needed it. As it turned out, I didn't have any post-surgery depression.

catwoman7
on 4/19/21 5:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: Ontario question

it was pretty common during the US's "surges" - and it may happen again depending on how this virus goes - but they reschedule them. Yours may or may not be - it depends on if the hospital is overwhelmed with COVID patients or not.

LeonaCR
on 4/19/21 5:36 am
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

I haven't gone through the process at all. I want to move forward with my health but I am so tired and don't know where to turn from here. I wish the best for you.

catwoman7
on 4/19/21 5:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

a lot of people worry about loose skin after surgery - and I admittedly did as well. But I think I can speak on behalf of many of us "vets" that in the grand scheme of things, the loose skin is a small price to pay for the benefits you get from losing significant amounts of weight. I would take the loose skin any day of the week over weighing 373 lbs again. ANY FRICKIN DAY!! I could never have imagined how much better my life would be without being severely morbidly obese! Plus if the loose skin really bothers you, there's always plastic surgery.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163