Recent Posts

Evelyn K.
on 4/20/21 8:19 am - south plainfield, NJ
Topic: RNY 2007, protein drink

Hello, I'd like to get some ideas on a good protein drink like Protica I used back then. Zero Cal, 30gm protein, fruity flavors, and came in a vial like tube so it didn't take up much room in my pouch. Protica is out of business so it seems. Had surgery back in 2007. All went well. I started at 250, went down to 150, up to 210 after 1 yr. Down to 165 now. Overall very happy I did it.

Stapler
on 4/20/21 6:25 am
Topic: RE: More weight obsessed after weight loss

You are NOT a failure!!! You've come a long way already so take a step back, breathe, and now try to look at the GOOD things that have come from what you've done so far.

If you are sticking to your diet plan and stuck at your current weight, try getting more exercise - that's what worked for me. I don't necessarily mean going to the gym or joining a aerobics class (although those work, too),, I'm simply suggesting that you move more. Go the extra mile, offer to do more chores around the house, go outside and work on your garden or just take a.walk now that the weather is getting warmer, put on some music and dance while you do housework!

Most of all, just give your self & your body a break and know that small changes lead to big rewards. Practice acceptance & patience.

You'll get there!

Teenie
on 4/19/21 5:10 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

I did! I was supposed to get this done May 2015. Thought I'd join weigh****chers and buckle up and make it work. I also was not happy with the surgeon. Finally I wised up and did it two years later. Regret the 2 years I lost. But I did find a Bariatric practice that made me feel comfortable and that made all the difference.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 4/19/21 4:30 pm
RNY on 03/24/21
Topic: RE: 6-7 weeks post - vomiting and nauseous

Do you have your gallbladder? If yes, this could be your problem.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

thethinme
on 4/19/21 1:17 pm - NY
Topic: RE: Can't see Health Tracker GRAPHIC chart

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

It's the graph on health tracker. It's just doesn't show as it did a few years back. For me it makes the tracking kind of unusable and without purpose.

actually it's one of the main reasons I stopped coming to the site. I used to use it everyday.

I've complained before... Hope you can really fix it this time (?) Shouldn't be that difficult for programmers. It should show on Safari, Firefox and Chrome... at least.

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

elliec
on 4/19/21 12:05 pm
Topic: RE: New Here

Thank you so much for responding. Can you speak of your skin surgery?

Christina135
on 4/19/21 10:44 am
Topic: RE: Flavour suggestions for chia seed pudding

I add a little bit of cocoa powder, and use a little coconut cream/milk to add to the flavor. I've never noticed the spearmint flavor, but I totally get that. I am one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap, so definitely get it.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

sweetpotato1959
on 4/19/21 9:45 am

I agree, am in 3rd decade past surgery.. am under 200, and like you was a goal... any time anything consumes your mind, no matter your size you need professional help in that field.. stay on your diet.. it took my Mom 4 years to get to goal... with surgery. stress will stop weight loss , learn to relax. enjoy life, laugh.

Denise
GRANDMAr
on 4/19/21 9:13 am
VSG on 10/21/16

Hi!

First, let me congratulate you on your success.

I think because we were so overweight, we thought, in our minds, that a certain weight would be the best.

Yet the more you lose, the more you want to lose, even if you were never that weight before or if you were, it was so long ago.

Obesity IS and eating disorder, so to substitute one with another is not so unusual.

However, if you have become so obsessed and it is all consuming, getting some therapy by a person who specializes in eating disorders might be a good idea.

Good luck with your journey!

GRANDMAr
on 4/19/21 9:09 am
VSG on 10/21/16
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

Hi!

I went through all the prior pre-op processes and opted out about a week or two before surgery.

I lost a good amount of weight during the process and figured that if I continued, I'd be able to do it on my own.

I really don't know why I thought that since I gained and lost the same 25 lbs. a million times.

I was right, I couldn't do it.

I wound up going for the surgery about 3 years later and couldn't be happier!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1289 views