allbygrace’s Posts

allbygrace
on 2/27/20 3:19 pm
Topic: RE: Gummy Vitamins

I just got these in the mail today! I got the mixed fruit on the multivitamins and the assorted flavors on the calcium citrate. Yes, I do love the chewy texture and the taste! I hate taking pills and love to chew on foods... so this was the right fit for me! It also makes me feel more confident knowing I'm getting what I really need. Can't wait to take my vitamins now! LOL It's the small things that make me happy! :)

allbygrace
on 2/25/20 2:02 pm

I just heard from my doctor ....they do not recommend gummy vitamins. I need to continue taking one of the soft chewable Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, 5000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily and 500 mg of calcium twice a day. So, no more gummies for me. :(

Thank you all for the replies!!

allbygrace
on 2/25/20 4:37 am

Thank you!!! Good to know! :)

allbygrace
on 2/24/20 6:52 pm

I like the chewing part of taking vitamins and I think I would like the taste. As far as the nutrients in dummies....? That's what I'm wondering about.

allbygrace
on 2/24/20 6:42 pm
Topic: RE: Losing the Regain - 7 lbs down as of today

WOW!! Way to go, Lynnc99!! You have motivated me!! You make it so simple!

Got a quick question? You mentioned you only take in 700-750 calories a day. Is this normal for someone who is say, 5 years post op? Maybe, I'm taking in too many calories. ?? Thanks again for your post! You are doing great!!!

allbygrace
on 2/24/20 5:59 pm

I am now a little over 5 years post op and I have been taking the bariatric chewable vitamins. I am getting

tired of the taste... too chalky for me even after trying several flavors. Wondering if anyone takes the gummy vitamins? If so, how many? I have been taking the gummy calcium and love the taste so I thought about switching over my vitamin to gummies. Your thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance.

allbygrace
on 1/31/20 8:02 pm
Topic: RE: Salt Replacement Ideas??

Thought I would add more to my post after reading the helpful suggestions and encouraging comments. I looked online at my patient portal to see my last lab results. The only things I could see was my vitamin D was low... so I'm taking the vitamin D suggested. My cholesterol was 240 and my HDL (bad cholesterol) was 144. I know this is coming from eating bad carbs such as sweets, grits, crackers and chips. Some of these also have too much sodium. So, I have cut out all of this in my diet. I also have been eating the yolk with my eggs.... hey I feel like I'm in confession here... lol... So, I am cutting the yolks out as well. The only dairy I am taking in is greek yogurt, Chobani brand which has 0% fat and some cheddar cheese. I am focussing on chicken, fish, and green vegetables, eggs without the yolk and turkey sausage and bacon occasionally. It has taken me a month to get my eating habits back on track. Hoping to get more weight off before my knee surgery. My lab results also said my carbon dioxide was low at 30. Now, I have no idea how to fix that!! :) Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions. They have been so helpful. :)

allbygrace
on 1/30/20 4:50 pm

Thank you for sharing..... your egg omelet sounds yummy! I will do this also. I need to drop the yolk and do only the whites since my cholesterol is high 240. Thanks again! :)

allbygrace
on 1/30/20 4:36 pm

Oh my,,,, I didn't know sea salt was just as bad! I thought it was a substitute to salt. Good to know! Thanks!!

allbygrace
on 1/30/20 4:33 pm

My blood pressure was normal. I have swelling going on in my legs. I think that is the reason on cutting back on salt. Also, my cholesterol was high around 240. This is from eating sweets and bad carbs I'm sure.... which has stopped. I am also drinking around 80 oz of water now. The doctor told me the numbers , did not get a print out. Hope this helps. :)

allbygrace
on 1/30/20 12:59 pm

Love my eggs but must have salt on them. Doctor says I need to cut back on the salt after looking at my blood work. Any ideas out there on what to use? Thinking of sea salt but there are so many kinds out there. Any suggestions or favorites? Is there a Mrs. Dash Salt out there? Thanks!!

allbygrace
on 1/23/20 10:22 pm
Topic: RE: Need Encouragement & a Plan

Thank you for your comment. I will reread this, a lot of good information. I am interesting in what foods are good for inflamation or arthritis pain? I know sugar and bad carbs causes pain for me. I think I have the under control hopefully. I read somewhere where tomatoes may increase inflamation or arthritis pain. Do you know other foods I should avoid? What foods that would help me with joint pain? Thank you again! I will continue to read your post several times,,, loaded with good information.

allbygrace
on 1/21/20 2:49 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me.... so encouraging!! I wish I could do water exercise,, but my knee is so bad... can't get into the water plus I'm legally blind and my balance is not good. I will definitely call my surgeon in the morning about exercises. I have started today on some knee exercises, doing leg lifts and side lifts while lying on the bed since I can't get on the floor. I am nervous about the surgery, the pain afterwards.... wondering if I can handle it. Since I can't take nsaids, I hope they will give me something strong that I "can" take. Will talk to surgeon at pre op about this. As far as my eating, I have been focusing on low carbs, and more proteins and staying away from starchy carbs, and sweets. The weight is beginning to come off. Wish I could have all the 30 pounds off before surgery! But, I know that is NOT going to happen and that is OK.... slow and steady and I'm happy! Yes, all the exercising I can do now is to strengthen my muscles around my knee and maybe do some chair exercises with weights. ?? Thank you again for your encouraging words!! Need your prayers. :)

allbygrace
on 1/20/20 8:50 am

Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement! Yesterday, I managed to get through the day without bread, crackers and sweets! I am focussing on low carb and more protein and portion control. Next, it's getting my water intake up. I am making small changes getting things under control. For exercise, I will do chair exercises and see if I can do slow walks on treadmill but if I can't, I'll stop. Taking one day at a time and praying for help and strength. Hoping to get some weight off before my surgery in March. With God's help I can do this!! Thanks again for the comments. Have a blessed day! :)

allbygrace
on 1/19/20 1:29 pm

Background: VSG in 2014 Highest weight 235 Lowest 145 Current 177

Present:Regained 32 pounds! Suffered from arthritis for many years in knees, ankle, back.

Scheduled for total knee replacement in March. (bone on bone now) Difficulty walking or standing very long.

Problem: I am having difficulty getting back on track since Jan. 1st. I can't seem to make it past 2 days without falling off the wagon. I'm trying once again today. I also know I need to exercise. What type of exercise should I do? Or do I forget exercise until I recover from surgery? I am also planning on getting the other knee done as well after the first one. Then it's an ankle replacement. I know.... this is alot of surgeries but the arthritis is so bad. Maybe if I get the weight off I wont need the ankle one. ??? My question is... what type of exercise can I do knowing I can't wait until all the surgeries are recovered. It is SO HARD to focus on eating right and surgery at the same time BUT I know if I don't I will continue to gain. Help please from anyone who has been down this road. Thanks in advance. :)

allbygrace
on 1/19/20 6:42 am
Topic: RE: 15 years still maintaining 115-120

You look GREAT!!! I'm so impressed that you kept your weight off for 15 years!! How did you do it? Did you ever regain? I'm so impressed!! Great motivational story!

allbygrace
on 2/3/19 6:40 pm
Topic: RE: kitchenaid vegetable sheet slicer ideas?

How do you make your zucchini noodles with the spiralizer? Got a recipe? What else do you do with your attachment? Thank you for your ideas! :)

I'm still debating between getting the KA spiralizer or the KA sheet slicer.

allbygrace
on 1/31/19 6:08 pm

wraps...... using apple, cucumber, sweet potato, etc. as the outer wrap.

allbygrace
on 1/31/19 7:01 am

I did a search on the recipe thread, could not find the recipe I was looking for. But, thanks for the heads up on "Eggface" recipes. What do you like to do with your "spiralizer"? That sounds like a great tool too! :)

allbygrace
on 1/30/19 5:32 pm

I am thinking of purchasing a kitchenaid mixer attachment called "vegetable sheet slicer"? If you have one, do you have a good recipe to share? I'm interested in wraps. What do you like / dislike about your kitchenaid attachment? Thanks!!

allbygrace
on 1/26/19 5:45 am
Topic: RE: Survey question message

Gwen, I got that same message yesterday. It looked ok to me. I did answer the questions. After sending in the answers, I got a form from the teenager to sign. It also looked fine to me. The form had a school letterhead on top of the form. I think, as least I hope all is well. ??

allbygrace
on 1/16/19 6:20 pm
Topic: RE: Regain will always be lurking around the corner....

Jester, thank you for posting this! As I was reading this, I could see myself. I went down the very same road. I stopped tracking and wanted to just eat healthy without tracking. That led to grazing.... 5 lbs turned into 10 and 10 turned into 20 and that turned into 40!! After gaining the first 20, I thought what is the use.... my tool is not working anymore. I messed up for good. When I got up to 40 lbs regained I went back to my dietician and doctor. I got back to the basics on Dec. 1st. I have lost 12 of my regained weight. I agree with you...... we will ALWAYS have regain lurking around the corner. I will "always" have to track and weigh daily. I am "so glad" my tool still works!! I can never go back to the old way of eating! Thanks again for sharing your story! Congratulations!!!

allbygrace
on 1/1/19 9:49 pm
Topic: RE: Ankle Replacement Anyone??

I first started having trouble with my ankle after spraining it by walking on cobble stone sidewalk. Being overweight added to the arthritis that built up in the ankle. I went to the Bone & Joint walk in clinic yesterday and had x-rays of my knee and ankle. I have moderate arthritis in both but the pain is almost unbearable in my ankle. I was given a shot in my knee and my ankle. I was told I was a candidate for an ankle replacement and knee replacement. I was told at my age the ankle replacement was a better choice than a fusion. The ankle replacement would last around 25 years. I am almost 62 now. I have decided to keep taking the shots and do physical therapy exercise and get the extra 35 lbs off my joints. I will talk to the surgeon when the shots no longer work for me. I hate the thought of having an ankle replacement. It will be my "last" resort. Hoping getting the extra weight off will make the difference but in the mean time I will take shots every 3 months and take tylenol for arthritis pills. I have a tough journey but I am determined and hopeful. :)

allbygrace
on 12/23/18 9:10 am
Topic: RE: Ankle Replacement Anyone??

I have had severe arthritis in my ankle for about ten years. I have done ankle exercises, walking and stretching exercises for it. I have had ankle wraps and even wore a boot to support my foot. I have had shots in my ankle at least every six months. The last time I had shots, the pain came back within two months. I take tylenol for arthritis twice a day. Yesterday, I stayed on my feet all day and today I am suffering with this ankle. I am keeping ice on it several times a day, staying off my feet today. I am so tired of this ankle drama! lol I want to be able to walk all day without paying for it the next day. (I am 61 years old.) Has anyone out there had an ankle replacement? This is my last resort and I am scared of doing it! I haven't talked to my doctor yet about it, going after Christmas to get a couple of shots in it. Can anyone tell me about the effects of having an ankle replacement? Thanks in advance!

allbygrace
on 12/15/18 3:47 am
Topic: RE: OT: I need your help, what was your favorite board games growing up?

Since he is turning 5,,,,, Candyland is another great game! You don't want a game that last too long since their attention span is only around 20 minutes. (I taught 6 year olds) Card games are fun at that age too.... Old Maid, Fish, UNO, Skipbo. Good luck! We "Nanas" have to pull together to stay 'cool'. LOL

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1258 views