fiveash’s Posts

fiveash
on 1/10/22 9:58 am
Topic: RE: STRESSED out to the max!

Sometimes life can be overwhelming. Prayer, patience and time can give you the answers you need. Be as kind as you can to yourself during this stressful time.

fiveash
on 8/23/21 9:30 am
Topic: RE: Is weight loss surgery the best thing you done for yourself

Without a doubt, WLS was a life-saver for me. I stopped having to use my CPAP machine. My blood pressure is now controlled. My asthma hasn't been an issue in several years. I'm finally able to buy "normal" clothes. Granted it is still plus-size but I love being able to choose!

It isn't easy but it is more than worth it.

A 50-pound loss means that your heart won't have to work nearly as hard to transport blood to all your tissues. If you're 25 pounds overweight, you have 5,000 miles of extra blood vessels in your body, mostly small capillaries, to feed the excess tissue, according to Western Washington University. So losing 50 pounds will divest your body of 10,000 miles of extra blood vessels. Because your heart has to pump forcefully enough to get blood to all those blood vessels, losing 50 pounds will reduce blood pressure, as your heart doesn't have to pump as hard. Not pumping so hard also takes the strain off the left ventricle of your heart, which often enlarges when you're overweight.

Anything to help my heart !

fiveash
on 5/7/18 9:33 am
Topic: RE: Has anyone taken the home sleep study?

I did the home sleep study and it was quite easy to set up. For me doing it at home was much preferred over going to a clinic. One of my first victories from losing weight was losing the CPAP machine. The CPAP machine and I were not the best of friends so it was wonderful to no longer need it.

Most Active