22bee22’s Posts

22bee22
on 1/3/18 8:16 pm
Topic: RE: Starting my Sleeve Journey and I Already have Received Bad News, HELP!

Last month I started the insurance required 6 month process of getting a sleeve done. I had my lab work done and I received a call back today with the results. She told me that my TSH (a thyroid hormone from my understanding) levels are really high, (which I think is linked to HYPOthyroidism) and that I also have a vitamin D deficiency. I'm only 25, and i'm weighing in at 270 lbs right now. I knew I have not felt well for maybe 2 years now, but I always blamed my weight for everything!! Now all my miserable symptoms are starting to make sense after reading more and more about this. I guess i'm just looking for some real life support from others that have experience in this and a few Q's. I am starting medication tomorrow but the doctor didn't request to see me right away, she wants to see me in 6 weeks. Is this odd?? I've read there are different stages to this and with my TSH levels already being so high i'm worried it's already done damage to me. Does anyone know if my weight caused this to begin with? I have gained 65 lbs in 2 years and have not changed a single thing from my day to day eating. Will this effect me being qualified for surgery??? Even if I get the surgery will it still be very difficult for me to lose weight?? I am hoping this medications i'm starting will make it easier to lose weight, but I just don't have much hope right now.

Thank you for taking your time reading this

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1349 views