Alienor’s Posts

Alienor
on 10/2/18 1:37 pm
Topic: RE: Finding the best surgeon/surgery site

Thank you, Jim, I will look into Dr Chand as well - especially since it would be easier for me to get to Loyola. Good luck to you as well!

Kat

Alienor
on 10/1/18 4:37 pm

Thank you so much! And I am glad that everything went well with you

Alienor
on 10/1/18 3:15 pm

Thanks all for your responses! I have scheduled an information seminar at Northwestern with Dr. Nagle for October 9th. I now have feelings of hope in addition to the scary ones

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

Alienor
on 10/1/18 1:53 pm

Thank you, catwoman, I agree, I will most likely have my surgery here in Chicago. I really appreciate your input.

Alienor
on 10/1/18 1:35 pm, edited 10/1/18 6:42 am

Thank you, Sparklekitty, those are excellent resources! ?

Alienor
on 10/1/18 1:32 pm

Kathy, thank you so much for your quick response, and congratulations on your amazing results!

I am going to call to schedule a spot at an information session at Northwestern for next week. I am nervous even thinking about going to that!

May I ask where else in the Chicago area you considered having your surgery? What was it that you liked about Dr Nagle? And do you happen to know how many bariatric procedures he has performed?

Thank you, again. Your response is very encouraging to me. ?

Kat

Alienor
on 10/1/18 11:51 am

Hello all, first off, let me say that I am a big 'fraidy cat when it comes to surgery. I have put off even minor procedures because I am irrationally terrified of going under anesthesia. But i know that if I don't have wls, I will die much younger than I otherwise would, so I have made up my mind that I must overcome my fears.

With that in mind, could those of you brave people that have had wls please advise me on how to go about finding the absolute best surgeon and surgery site possible? It is a bit overwhelming to me.

I live in the Chicago suburbs, and my first thought was to go to Northwestern. But my Mom suggested traveling to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota because my Stepdad had transplant surgery there, and she was so impressed with it. I also noted that the Mayo is listed as #1 for GI surgery in the country.

But obviously, it is not local to me, plus I can't seem to find much info on the bariatric surgeons there. Meanwhile, I have read some good reviews about Dr. Nagle at Northwestern.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Anyone have any experience with either the Mayo or Northwestern? Or are there other, better surgeons/sites in the Chicago area?

Thank you SO much for any input, and I wish you all the best!

Kathy the scaredy Kat

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1336 views