algebrapro34’s Posts

algebrapro34
on 9/8/19 3:16 pm
Topic: RE: New to this forum
On September 8, 2019 at 9:46 PM Pacific Time, TheWombat wrote:

Welcome to the forum! Are you by any chance a mathematician? (Wondering because of your username.)

yes I am lol glad you noticed.

algebrapro34
on 9/8/19 1:45 pm

Thanks white dove. My surgeon said I'd have equal success with a sleeve vs the bypass but he doesn't like doing bypass unless there are other factors that necessitate it. I'm just eager to get my date...stupid insurance companies lol. They require 10% weight loss starting at your first surgeon appointment which means the first 30 pounds I lost don't really count because they weren't at my surgeon's office.

algebrapro34
on 9/8/19 12:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to join this site for AGES but finally got around to doing it today so I thought I'd introduce myself. Hmm...where to begin...well I'm 34(as my username would suggest) and have been happily married for 5 years now to my beautiful wife. She has 6 kids ages 21-12 so marrying her changed my life pretty much overnight but I wouldn't trade being a stepfather for anything. They are the reason that I've decided to get a gastric sleeve, I'm just waiting for insurance to sign off and then I'll get my surgery date. I have a number in mind(225) but I'm not sure it's reachable with the sleeve. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and after a rather frank discussion with my doctor, I decided to change my lifestyle. I am 451.7 pounds right now but I topped out at 509 in April of 2018. It feels amazing to have lost 58 pounds and I can't wait to get to my goal weight somewhere in the 200's.

Anyway, I've rambled enough so that's all for now.

Most Active