AaronRyann’s Posts

AaronRyann
on 3/7/20 10:50 am
Topic: RE: Unsure of where to begin.

Weight loss surgery doesn't scare me, I know that I need it and I welcome the idea. Preferably sleeve but anything could work. I can't get a psychologist to talk to because of insurance purposes, really at a loss when it comes to any help.

AaronRyann
on 3/7/20 8:58 am
Topic: RE: Unsure of where to begin.

Hi to everyone who will take the time to read this, hopefully just some helpful tips to get started and honestly this is a last ditch effort to try and find the support I need to lose weight.

Im 24 years old and I've been heavy set my entire life, I've known deep down it's brought on by emotional feelings that I haven't been able to manage in the slightest. Struggling with identity ontop of a turbulent home life food was really my only comfort but anymore it's become a prison. My weight had become increasingly worse as I got older and it was when I entered highschool that the proverbial flood gates broke. I went from 450 pounds to 600 by my 20th birthday. I've felt ashamed but I couldn't just stop no matter how many times I've pleaded with myself, begged and cried out in frustration that I can't seem to fix my problem. Since then I've put on even more because I feel hopeless and honestly alone. With my weight my social life has all but evaporated and my only source of human interaction is my parents.
I'm well over 800 pounds now and bed bound and I find myself still wanting to eat because it's the only thing that I can do to "comfort" myself. I need it to stop and all I can do is just try to eat better, the resources around me are scarce to say the least, and I'm not sure how to even get past this part. I feel utterly hopeless most days because normal tasks that a person should be able to do I'm unable, and it causes strain on my parents who do everything in their power to help me. Ive Sought after help countless times in the past 2 years and unfortunately no one is able to help, some doctors won't even meet with me. I've developed 2 massive lymphatic masses on my thighs that I can't stand, turn over, I can barely sit up. Clothing is to say the least non existent from anything regarding the my waist down. I don't know what to do to get the help I know I desperately need. I've reached out as much as I can to professionals and I'm given the same answers that weight loss surgery is my only option, which again I'm not opposed to. I know I need the tools to help, but I can't get any closer to that point because as I've mentioned resources are limited for me. I'm here because I'm seeking support because I can't handle this alone and I'm looking for reaffirmation that someone else cares and sees that I'm still a person under this weight, that I actually WANT to get better and to reclaim my life. I'm sorry for the long story, I just need to be heard. Thank you to whomever has read this.

Most Active