DS Regrets??

candessg
on 5/21/08 11:03 am - plymouth, MN
I am looking into getting DS and I was curious if anyone has had any regrets about this surgery?? Thanks! Candess
Iteach-preK
on 5/23/08 12:41 am - KY
I haven't had surgery and I am NOT having DS.  I have read a few people here who are further out who are suffering fromreal malabsorption issues, but from what I have read you will be ok, with complete compliance with the supplements.  that is the main thing with DS is you HAVE to take your supplements with absolute strict compliance. good luck- and my best wishes for your surgery
prettydove
on 5/30/08 1:22 pm
If you can provide a link to the few people here who have suffered from real malabsorption issues who say they REGRET having their DS, it would be appreciated.
HW 305 / SW 247 / CW 138 / GW 140 
Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.
hayley_hayley
on 6/15/08 3:51 am
On May 23, 2008 at 7:41 AM Pacific Time, Iteach-preK wrote:
I haven't had surgery and I am NOT having DS.  I have read a few people here who are further out who are suffering fromreal malabsorption issues, but from what I have read you will be ok, with complete compliance with the supplements.  that is the main thing with DS is you HAVE to take your supplements with absolute strict compliance. good luck- and my best wishes for your surgery

I hope you r not implying that taking supplements is not as important if you get the RNY.  B/c you HAVE to take your supplements with absolute strict compliance when you have the RNY - JUST LIKE THE DS.  

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

prettydove
on 5/30/08 1:28 pm
I invite and welcome you to ask this question on the DS board, as well as, inquire if any DSer can share their experience regarding any complications or issues, especially long term members. In addition, you may also ask why they choose the DS as their surgery. Here is the link http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/ my best to you  
HW 305 / SW 247 / CW 138 / GW 140 
Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.
scrapper5
on 5/31/08 1:43 pm - Burnsville, MN
I am interested to see if you get any replie here too. Thanks for posting. Jennifer

Lori Black
on 6/2/08 12:54 am - , IN
I have never had one regret about choosing and having the DS, not for one moment, ever.  I visited this board and asked the very same question over one year ago and didn't get any responses either.  Realistically, I'm sure there are regrets out there somewhere with all surgeries, but as I'm sure you've already seen on the DS board, we're a pretty darn happy group.  Complete compliance with vitamins is imperitive not only to the DS, but your life after the DS.  The only way I would advise someone to NOT get the DS is if they think they couldn't follow-up with their vitamins and labs post surgery.  Feel free to check out my profile.  I have lots of good DS links in the "My Story Section," along with what I ate the first two months and the vitamins I take daily.  I'm not saying that life after the DS is footloose and fancy free, but it's damned near it for me.  We all have different journey's, but I've not read many regrets about this life changing surgery in my 18 months on these boards.  Only fear about our procedure from those who aren't properly educated about it, or those who had other procedures.  I'm happy to help you in any way I can! Lori
candessg
on 6/2/08 2:34 am - plymouth, MN
Thanks so much for your help! I believe that DS is for me and I read your advice to pre-ops/post-ops on the DS forum and that really helped!! Thanks again!
LisaH73
on 6/25/08 7:41 am - Middletown, OH
I'm a little over a year out and did the same research prior to my surgery. I didn't find any regretters back then and I haven't had one regret with mine either. I couldn't be happier.
Dayton/Cincy/Col's Yahoo Group
My DS Photo Page  holding steady at goal since Sept. '08
DS Shirt Shop (non profit)
Yahoo: JoRoLisa73 AIM: JoRoLisa73
Valerie G.
on 6/27/08 7:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
You'll be hard-pressed to find any DS regrets. You've been doing your homework, and if you are as diligent with your own well-being as you have been with your research, you should do just fine.  In time you will eat normally, but your body will never BE normal, meaning that you will always need those vitamins no matter how fabulous you feel.  This actually goes for DS or RNY, because the malabsorption is real with each procedure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 865 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8462 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9026 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 10998 views