Back to Normal?

Blush
on 8/18/08 12:46 pm - Nashville, TN
Not sure where to ask this that I am not going to get either WLS is the Devil responses or WLS is a Miracle responses only.

For those who the surgery "failed" and they either didn't lose the weight or gained it back...did you get back to normal?  able to eat what you did before?  feeling like you did before?  no major health reprecussions?
KRWaters
on 8/28/08 11:44 am - Manteca, CA
Yes I had the Rny in April of 05. I did lose 90 pounds in 8 months, and then I stopped losing. Nothing for almost a year. I still exercised and ate what I was supposed to. I walked a lot. Then I started gaining after that year, and have gained over 40 ;pounds. I was at my wit's end, I didn't know what to do. My surgeon recommen ded the lap band over my RnY. I was really thinking of doing it, but I came on OH and read a little about it, but somehow, something, maybe an angel steered me to the DS forum, and that is where I have lived for the last year or so. I am going to have the DS in a couple of months. I would suggiest strongly you read up on it and know what it is so if you still decide to go with the RnY, at least you read up on the DS and know it is available. I believe it is a better chance for better weight lopss and better eating. No dumping or stricturesdd. Read the DS forum and see how happy everyone is after the initial few mopnths that is. Tough at first, but sounds like the one for me. I wish you well. PS: I never hadd any medical problems with the RNY and yes went back to eating pretty normal. I still eat a lot of protein and do drink my water since I do still have the "pouch" in me.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

KRWaters
on 8/28/08 11:46 am - Manteca, CA
oops, I think you already had the Rny? Sorry I didnt catch you sooner.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Stacey1m
on 9/8/08 4:34 pm - Polo, IL
Would I have the surgery again?  I had my WLS Nov.6 2006.  I lost all my weight in 4 months. (120lb)   If you would have ask me this last month I would have said yes.  Now after fipping my SUV over, because my blood sugars can't stay normal  or it was because I am so just so tired all time.  The answer would be no.  Good news to the doctor's I'm a WLS success. Olny because I loss my weight. 

I guess I am the devil response

Sorry
Stacey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 864 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8461 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9025 views
I want it reversed!