GA MEET N GREET

Roxy2974
on 11/30/08 4:02 pm - Austell, GA

We are having a Holiday Meet N Greet on the GA forum for pre and post op patients. All surgeries are welcomed, as I believe those of you who know what you are getting can help those on the fence.

Friday, Dec. 12th 2008 6:15pm Cheese Cake Factory Buckhead
We are doing a White Elephant Gift Exchange with a 10.00 limit
PLEASE VISIT GA FORUM TO RSVP

Luchosays
on 5/9/09 12:05 pm - Canada
"help those on the fence" woman is this a crusade of the blind leading the deaf?

Of greatest concern are the effects of long-term nutritional deficiencies, which are rarely discussed realistically. The neurological decline and aging seen after bariatric surgeries is especially rapid and results from multiple vitamin and mineral deficiencies, said Dr. Ernsberger. Both the stomach and small intestines are critical for absorbing many nutrients, including B-vitamins, calcium, iron, vitamin D and protein. Even taking supplements in multiple times the recommended amounts doesn’t help because the surgeries eliminate the proper function of the stomach and gastrointestinal system, he said. Hence, malnutrition problems are not uncommon, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and include anemias, osteoporosis, loss of teeth, blindness and, in a reported 16% of cases, even neurological and brain damage. We are seeing the return of nutritional deficiency diseases of starvation in formerly healthy fat people that had become rare in Western societies and are typically only seen in underdeveloped regions of the world.
Roxy2974
on 5/9/09 12:18 pm - Austell, GA
Firstly this post was from Dec. And was for a meet n greet in the state of GA. Secondly on the fence was exactly where I was at the time of this post and the gathering was for people like myself who were on the fence to be able to speak with those who had been through where I was. Thirdly what is the point of responding and being rude? If the surgery is not for you than so be it, I am confident in my decision and this may not be the place for you. I am blocking you bc I don't need any drama.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 865 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8462 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9026 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 10998 views