Regretting the DS

dawn88
on 1/17/09 9:05 am - OH
It sounds like a fabulous surgery and is my first choice ( if luck is on my side) Wondering if any one is regretting the DS. 
AA
on 2/7/09 11:28 pm - New York, NY
dreaminofthin
on 2/10/09 9:37 pm - Hillman, MI
I guess the lack of responses on this post speaks for itself!  I keep going back and forth between the DS and the RNY - and I'm really leaning towards the DS. 
dreaminofthin
on 2/12/09 10:43 pm - Hillman, MI
Wow - 2 whole days since I last posted on here, and still no one responding with regrets of their DS.  Glad to see it!
crystal220
on 2/15/09 2:22 am
Have you been over to the DS board?

~NEVER SAY NEVER~

dreaminofthin
on 2/18/09 12:24 am - Hillman, MI
I am on the DS board every day - why, are there regrets on there?  I guess I thought maybe they would be under the "Regretting the DS" message board.  Guess not!  Thanks!
crystal220
on 2/19/09 6:54 am
Yes, I completely understand. In my search..I am all over finding answers and experiences from others. It helps!

~NEVER SAY NEVER~

ladyelement
on 2/24/09 1:18 am - huntingtown, MD
I cant say that I regret it, but I personally didnt lose as much weight, and regained half of what i had roiginally lost, not sure why other than i am hungry all the time now. i had my surgery back in 2001 and am currently investigating revision surgery
StacysMom
on 3/7/09 5:27 pm
 Do you have the DS with the sleeve stomach?   If so, what size is your sleeve?   Or did you get the older BPD/DS (Scopinaro) procedure which utilizes a pouch and is similar to the RNY, but with more malabsorption?

I'm asking because the ONLY people I have ever heard of who are unhappy with the DS are the ones who had the older procedure.    It gets confused with the modern DS because it is called the same thing.   Your profile says you got WLS in 2001 and I'm not sure they were doing the DS with the sleeve back then, unless it was the first half of a two part procedures for SMO patients.
Redhaired
on 4/17/09 3:22 am - Mouseville, FL
The Scopinaro procedure is not a BPD/DS.  The Scopinaro is simply a BPD.  There are vast differences between the surgeries.The BPD was not really in fact an older version of the DS in that it is an entirely different procedure.  The DS has been done for many years; at least 20 I think.

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8463 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 10999 views