10 years and 40 lb gained

mayberry1182
on 12/14/12 11:10 pm

Hi Everyone. I can't believe it's been this long since I've been part of the wonderful community that helped me to loose all my weight. I'm inspired reading everyones post. For a while I thought I was doing great maintaining my weight and realized it was normal to regain a few pounds after surgery. I continued to tell myself that for the past 6 years and today I look up and I am obese and miserable. I do know that my weight loss was a success but to some level I ignored the fact that it was a very real possibility that I could gain weight if I stopped excersising and ate poorly. I'm here as a reminder of the things that motivated me to loose in the first place. My entire family is overweight and no one seems to understand how I feel about being 190lb right now. They just keep saying "at least you're not as fat as before" My highest was 278. For a split second that gives me some comfort but it doesn't exactly change how I feel. I've been up and down hovering between 170-190 for years. My lowest was 147 and I loved how I felt. This time it just feels absolutely wrong for me to have gained 40+ pounds and content with that.

Just looking at this website and all of your success has definately motivated me to stay on and work toward my inital weight loss goal from 2002 of 130lbs. One day at a time. Thanks for reading and I welcome any suggestions or feed back.

The hardest thing is to know what you are capable of and not quite being able to acheive because you're in your own way.

April M.
on 12/18/12 8:51 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13
Sounds like you are doing some soul searching. Get strict with your foods and exercise. Get your control back. You can do it! Have faith in yourself
pattiharpr
on 5/10/13 6:33 am - Duluth, MN
  1. I'm in the same  position as you are!  We are our worst enemy!  On top of the wt gain, I am dealing with fibromyalgia, migraines and recovery from rotator cuff surgery which has prevented me from exercising>  Would you like to be each others suuport system along with the website?  It's hard to share friends who are healthy and have never experience my concerns,  
datachick
on 5/14/13 5:59 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Why does rotator cuff surgery prevent you from exercising? I injured my shoulder on a ropes course on Sunday but my trainer had me doing all kinds of non-shoulder stuff yesterday. You can still walk, right?

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

vsarossy
on 5/21/13 2:48 pm - San Jose, CA

It's good to reflect on where you are and appreciate the hard work it takes to lose the weight. You may be up 40, and before you gain anymore, try to get that mojo back with healthy eating and varied exercising to drop back down! I had my surgery about 5 years ago, and experienced a bounce-back initially of 10 lbs, then crept up a total of 30. I was worried I'd end up back in the 200's, so I started to track every bite I ate and got with a personal trainer last November. I'm back down 20 of those lbs, and hope to lose another 20 or 30 to achieve my ultimate goal. The trainer has really helped me keep up the variety through circuit training, helping advise on my diet (he knows about my surgery) and has really helped motivate me again. Keep it up!! I enjoy visiting this site too form time to time to remind me of where I've been, and see how others out there are doing. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

*Weight lost in 11 months

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8463 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11000 views