Endoscopic sleeve

stephgfl
on 8/13/19 3:35 pm

I'm considering an endoscopic sleeve procedure. Has anyone had this procedure? Experiences? I like the idea of it being totally endoscopic/no cutting. But I've read these patients don't have as much weight loss.

hollykim
on 4/15/20 8:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 13, 2019 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, stephgfl wrote:

I'm considering an endoscopic sleeve procedure. Has anyone had this procedure? Experiences? I like the idea of it being totally endoscopic/no cutting. But I've read these patients don't have as much weight loss.

most sleeve surgeries are done endoscopically. There are 4-5 small cuts made in the skin thru which the endoscope and instruments enter the abdominal cavity.

using an endoscope to do the surgery has no effect on the amount of weight list. The amount of Weight lost depends on the correctness of the surgeon forming the sleeve and mostly, what you choose to eat or not eat.

VSG is not a magic bullet. It is a tool and like any other tool you have to work it to be successful.

Caroline M.
on 4/11/21 1:25 am
VSG on 03/18/20

In case anyone is looking for info on ESG or endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, I will share my short (unsuccessful) experience with ESG.

I chose an ESG because I didn't want to go under the knife, the quicker recovery and less complications. Mine was done in Oct18, had some initial success but slowly lost restriction, I was denial for a while, sorry this wasn't happening to me, $17k(AUD) wasted. An endoscope in Feb20 showed that most of the sutures had come undone. I had an VSG in Mar20 and now at goal weight.

I was 95kilos in Oct18 and for VSG surgery day was about 90kilos or so.

My experience in Australia may well be different than someone else in another country.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 851 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8451 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9016 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 10987 views