Recent Posts

ericachristine
on 3/4/24 9:25 pm
RNY on 12/04/23
Topic: RE: I want it reversed!

I live in the area and have also been given his name several times. Will be contacting him soon about this!

heygiz00
on 2/24/24 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: RNY takedown (reversal)

Wow! I feel I am in the same boat right now, I am Almost 14 years post op and having frequent falls resulting in broken bones. I don't know what to do.

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Caroline M.
on 4/11/21 1:25 am
VSG on 03/18/20
Topic: RE: Endoscopic sleeve

In case anyone is looking for info on ESG or endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, I will share my short (unsuccessful) experience with ESG.

I chose an ESG because I didn't want to go under the knife, the quicker recovery and less complications. Mine was done in Oct18, had some initial success but slowly lost restriction, I was denial for a while, sorry this wasn't happening to me, $17k(AUD) wasted. An endoscope in Feb20 showed that most of the sutures had come undone. I had an VSG in Mar20 and now at goal weight.

I was 95kilos in Oct18 and for VSG surgery day was about 90kilos or so.

My experience in Australia may well be different than someone else in another country.

hollykim
on 4/15/20 8:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Endoscopic sleeve
On August 13, 2019 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, stephgfl wrote:

I'm considering an endoscopic sleeve procedure. Has anyone had this procedure? Experiences? I like the idea of it being totally endoscopic/no cutting. But I've read these patients don't have as much weight loss.

most sleeve surgeries are done endoscopically. There are 4-5 small cuts made in the skin thru which the endoscope and instruments enter the abdominal cavity.

using an endoscope to do the surgery has no effect on the amount of weight list. The amount of Weight lost depends on the correctness of the surgeon forming the sleeve and mostly, what you choose to eat or not eat.

VSG is not a magic bullet. It is a tool and like any other tool you have to work it to be successful.

Kathyjs
on 8/20/19 8:55 am
Topic: RE: how long until i'll stop being miserable?

I had my surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Mn. Well Methodist hospital but thru Mayo and NEVER drank one protein shake. 17 years post and still at goal.

stephgfl
on 8/13/19 3:35 pm
Topic: Endoscopic sleeve

I'm considering an endoscopic sleeve procedure. Has anyone had this procedure? Experiences? I like the idea of it being totally endoscopic/no cutting. But I've read these patients don't have as much weight loss.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/18/18 6:39 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Will I Ever Overcome this Regreting Have Had Wls?

FYI, you're responding to a comment that's 3 years old.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Marie M.
on 1/16/18 5:15 pm - MT
Topic: RE: Will I Ever Overcome this Regreting Have Had Wls?

I was 322 pre-surgery. Life was so miserable that I couldn't hardly bear it. I felt so ashamed about my weight. I lost 70 lbs after my surgery. I have kept it off for 10 years so far.

Some people may not consider me a success but I do. I stay between 242 and 252 all of the time. I have peace about my weight. Sure, I would love to be smaller, but I am ok about my size most of the time.

I feel that surgery was a miracle for me. I am very thankful for it.

Lois M.
on 1/15/18 8:03 pm - Anchorage, AK
NickM1267
on 10/4/17 3:26 am
RNY on 07/31/17
Topic: RE: RNY takedown (reversal)

I was just reading your post and was wondering if you had your reversal yet?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8463 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 10999 views