Any RNY Patients taking Osteo Bi-Flex?

DavidReed
on 10/11/12 9:48 am
 Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if any RNY patients are taking, or have taken, Osteo Bi-Flex in order to restore/strengthen joints after their weight loss?

If so, what was your experience?

Are there any indicators about it being safe, or not safe, for RNY patients?

Thank-you,

-David
(238 pounds lost)

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

jdruski
on 10/28/12 9:05 am - Philadelphia, PA

Congratulations on your tremendous success.  Keep it going.  I had 2 bone and bone knees. I had asked my surgeon if these supplements work and he said that they really didn't once the padding is worn.  However, he said that some people have found relief so he never tells anyone to take them.  I took the entire gamut of all of the glucosamine and chontroitin products.  OBF has a four star rating as also does and including the much cheaper store brand. 

If you are using it in the hopes to build joint strength, it can't hurt but there are no definitive studies to prove it.  As far as pain relief sorry there is very few fixes for this besides total knee replacement ( I have one done and one more to go)

I made the mistake of waiting to lose as much weight as could to get the surgery to replace my knees and during that time I have take oxi which after so many years is just a waste of time, Celebrex and back to taking Aleve twice a day to just make it through the day.  As a result I now have several holes in my stomach. 

If you are like me you take a boatload of supplements daily, do you want to add another one if you really don't need it.

Please check with your ga surgeon and if you have an ortho doc before you start.  If you really feel that this is a good move for you then look for the joint supplements that you can get rather cheaply.  Osteo Bi-Flex often offers coupons both on line and at their web site.  they also are often offered buy one and get one free.  Remember one more thing with these supplement s you have to take at least 2 and sometimes 3 per day.

Again, best wishes and keep up the wonderful work.

Jeanne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 92 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2330 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3535 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4803 views