Can a RNY be reversed to the Sleeve?

BrendaNNC
on 12/8/12 12:01 am - Raleigh, NC

I had the RNY in 12/2009 and the pain from my arthritis has gotten so much worse because I can't take NSAID"S.  Also, because I developed Osteoporosis this past year.  My knees, hips, back, hands, and neck are in such pain.  Any advice?

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/12 5:23 am

Yes it can. But you need a really good doc to do that. Not everyone can do that. Go to the revision forum on here.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BrendaNNC
on 12/20/12 9:52 pm - Raleigh, NC

Oh, thank you very much for getting back with me.  I'll check the revision forum out.  Thank you and God Bless!!

henry88
on 1/20/13 7:13 pm

Go for orthopedic he may suggest you better with alternative medications so that you don't have any side effects after consuming that.

BrendaNNC
on 1/20/13 8:39 pm - Raleigh, NC

What type of meds can an orthopedic suggest that will not cause stomach ulcers?  I sure don't want to have another surgery of any kind.   My joint and bone pain is so bad and tylenol does not help much at all.

Pookah
on 2/26/13 3:11 pm - Dallas, TX

I'm not sure if you have tried Ultram (Tramadol) but it is stronger than Tylenol and not a narcotic.

I'm pre-op but both my surgeon and my Rheumatologist are comfortable with me using Utram for pain relief after my RNY.  It is not an NSAID.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 92 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2329 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3534 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4803 views