Oh my aching _______

kilmarlic
on 1/8/13 12:39 am - powells point, NC

Pick a body part and it probably aches on me at some point during the week.

It all started with my tailbone at about a year out from surgery. But everyone assured me that it was very common with weightloss and my body would basically realign itself to accomodate the lack of padding. Let's just say that never happened. After countless $$ spent in co-pays at the chiropractor's office, the family practice doc, the surgeon, the orthopedist and even the pain management clinic....I gave up and decided to live with it. There is a cushion in every chair I sit in. I have a tote bag that I've outfitted to conceal my "little old lady pillow" that I take with me to church, the drs office and out to eat.  I even sold the sofa and bought a softer one.  

Morning stiffness is a given. If I sit for more than 15 minutes I walk like a 900 year old woman. Sleeping is even painful with arms, legs, lower back and shoulders giving me a fit. It's a top of the line mattress that I used to find extremely comfortable and I've added a great topper to it that my dear boyfriend thinks makes it like sleeping in heaven.

With the exception of having taken a fall last year my knees had never bothered me....UNTIL...a few days before Christmas when I woke up with what felt like a twisted left knee. the sucker is killing me. It almost feels like the muscles in the back side are no longer long enough for my leg.  

I've got an appointment scheduled for later this afternoon. Unfortunately (or maybe not) I'll be seeing a new doctor as mine has retired. So I have a list of questions & concerns along with a timeline to help show everything in a nutshell. Is there anything yall can think of that I should include to ask or mention?  I'm not trying to micro-manage or second guess my new doc...I'm just trying to make the most effective use of my appointment time.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

hamilbr
on 1/21/13 6:23 am - Lewisville, TX

Kilmarlic--I never check in on the Arthritis Forum--But I do hope you have found some relief.  I have severe RA.  Was diagnosed in late March 2012, after I had 2 knee replacement surgeries in summer of 2011.  I don't really have any pain in the tailbone, but my fingers, shoulders, elbows, even my toes hurt.  So, I know what you are feeling.  I am on medicine which helps, but I have damage in my elbows which is irreversible.  But I have found that standing in a hot shower in the mornings help me the most!

Brenda

spotcat6
on 3/23/13 10:04 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 05/07/12

i can have sympathy for your tail bone pain, mine too has gotten worse with each pound that i lose.you would think  (or hope) that with each pound that you loss more of the aches and pains will go away. I gp to a pain management cent about ever 3/4 months for shots in my tail bone. Finally they did one in February that helped only to get hit with snow and ice here in Chicago and of course i had to be the one that slipped and fell landing rite on my tailbone. I thought that i was going to die the pain was so bad.I go back on April 9th for another shot hope this one helps.

kilmarlic
on 3/23/13 10:15 pm - powells point, NC

I did the pain management doc and the wonderful ganglion impar block too. I didn't see where it helped at all. My PCP did some more lab work and found some serious deficiencies now that we've been working on addressing them all the joint pain seems to be much more managebable. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's come down from an 8 to about a 2 (somedays a 3) but that's a huge improvement for me.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 95 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2332 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3539 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4804 views