Can Alcohol damage your sleeve?

D. Scott
on 9/22/14 2:45 am
RNY with

So I am almost 3 years post op and I never drink. By never I truly mean I've had maybe 1/2 a glass of wine since my surgery. Until this weekend. I went to a bachelorette party and had shots. 4 in total over the course of 3 hours. I was of course drunk and horribly hung over the next day. I was unable to throw up (not sure why) and two days later my stomach still hurts really bad. I am still nauseated and nothing tastes right. I am wondering if I could have damage my stomach or if I'm just still sick since I don't drink. I am worried because it seems I shouldn't still hurt and be sick two days later but any Experiences and knowledge you can pass on would be greasy. Thanks! 

NYMom222
on 9/28/14 12:28 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

For some reason this got posted on the Arthritis Forum, I am not sure if that is what you meant. You might get more of a response on the VSG forum. that being said, I've never heard it said alcohol could actually damage anything, esp in such a short amount of time. WLS patients do metabolize things differently.... Hope you are feeling better. Lesson learned right? 4 shots is too many . Good Luck.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 92 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2330 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3534 views
Exercise where to start???